1. Here is the best Sickness Preventive. It's better to do this all year long, but specially during cold and flu season. When out in public wash your hands often. Why? When you touch common objects like door knobs, shopping carts, etc, you could be contacting GERMS from hundreds of people. Yuck, yes! Keep bottles of waterless sanitizing liquid in your car. Use it and you'll get sick less often. This works.
2. When you are sick and have difficulty breathing, this is a way to get relief. Fill a sink full of hot water, hot enough to produce steam. Place your head down above the water and cover both your head and sink with a large towel. Deep breath in the steam for a few minutes and you can feel your sinuses unclogging.
3. When your nose is congested with mucus, get one sheet of a paper towel and fold it in half. Take one corner and twist it into a cone shape. Insert the cone into one nostril at a time as deep as you can without hurting yourself. Slowly twist couple of times. Pull it out and it should remove mucus clogs. I have allergies and use this technique almost daily.
4. During cold and flu season, pump up on Vitamins. This will raise your Natural Resistance to defend against sickness. This is easy to do, but you may have to make yourself do it.
5. As soon as you feel sick, rush to the doctor ASAP. Literally, a one day delay in treatment might mean you'll be twice as sick for twice as long. Your doctor will also diagnose whether it's a cold or flu. How? If his last 50 patients had the flu, chances are you do too.
6. Here's the basic difference between a cold and flu. With a cold you can get out of bed and still function. With the flu you ache all over and don't even feel like getting up. With a cold you may or may not run a Fever. With the flu, always.
7. Drink lots of water. The human physiology requires 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to function normally. That is a bunch!
8. Forty percent of Americans suffer from constipation. If you don't have it now, you will with age. Two big gulps of Mineral Oil per day will keep you sailing smoothly.
I always found it interesting that science can put a man on the moon, but can't prevent the common cold. Know why? The cold virus Mutates every year. It's estimated there are over 300 types of Mutant Strains of cold virus we can catch, which is the reason a Vaccine hasn't been discovered.
*Visit my website at www.doctorjoesite.com which is dedicated to Christians, Writers, and Readers.