Ten Ways to Get Your Book Some Publicity
edited: Thursday, October 09, 2003
By Annette Gisby
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003
Become a Fan
Bookshops don't want to stock your book? Simple publicity tips that will make them come to you. (A fun guide.)
So you've written your masterpiece, had it published and now you're
waiting for all those sales to roll in. But they haven't? No-one's
buying? The bookstores don't want to know?
Just for some fun, here are ten things you can think on to make sure that
the bookstores will come to you, just begging you to let them
stock your book! :-)
1. Change your name to Stephen King/Nora Roberts/John Grisham by
2. Have an affair with the president/prime minister/king/queen/prince
(delete as appropriate)
3. Buy a million copies yourself to get in the Best Seller Lists.
4. Fail at Pop Idol
5. Get evicted from the Big Brother House.
6. Streak at a popular sporting event.
7. Do a naked skydive with only a copy of your book to hide your
8. Become a supermodel/actor/sports person.
9. Buy thousands of your books and have them delivered to the pavement
outside the New York's Times office.
10. Become a recluse, don't give interviews and watch them coming
These are just for fun, not an instruction manual. :-)
Web Site: Annette Gisby website
Want to review or comment on this article?
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Bret Funk
|I liked it, Anne. It does seem that popularity and media coverage are more dependent on outrageousness than talent in today's world. I especially liked your disclaimer at the end! It's just another sign of the world we live in...
|Reviewed by Bobby Ruble (Reader)
|I love this. As funny as it is, your "Ten Ways to Get Your Book Some Publicity" hold more truth than fiction. I would try #1, but I don't think Bobby would appreciate calling me John.
Co-author of "Black Rosebud: Have No Mercy II"
|Reviewed by Cheryl Sellers
|this is funny, if your a women and skydive nude should you have 3 books or hummmm.. maybe your right one is better,lol|
|Reviewed by Kristie Maguire (Reader)
|Excellent guide! I can't afford to buy thousands of books myself, have no chance of becoming a supermodel/actor/sports person. Guess I will have to take option 2. Problem with this is that the current president does not appeal to me at all! Maybe I will take option 10.
Kristie Leigh Maguire
author of "Desert Heat", "Emails from the Edge", co-author "No Lady and Her Tramp"