July 4th is the day many modern Yanks celebrate the July 2nd declaration of independence from British Empire made in 1776 by rebel leaders in 13 North American colonies. In many ways the War for Independence was the average man's revenge for being sequestered in poor houses in Britain with no voice in a Parliament comprised of representatives chosen by an elite 3% of the British population who denied the other 97% their right to vote, and then were forced to flee this elitist oppression by emigrating to North America. The War of 1812 served later to reinforce America's opposition to British Empire.
How is it that a nation built upon two wars for independence from British rule turned around in less than 200 years to provide the brawn to British Empire?
The old cliche that politics makes strange bedfellows is more than apt. Since World War II, British Empire has been U.S.-powered, in direct contradiction to America's reason for being. British propaganda directed against the United States during the late 1800s and early 1900s has led Americans away from their libertarian values, which Thomas Jefferson epitomized by declaring "friendship and trade with all nations, entangling alliances with none". CIA was born in 1947 - not in America, but in London, England; everything about it is British. Today American taxpayers fund dozens of bases on behalf of Britain's defense rather than British taxpayers paying: RAF Lakenheath, RAF Croughton, RAF Dawes Hill, RAF Alconbury, RAF High Wycombe, etc.
The cost of doing British Empire is breaking the financial backs of the average taxpayer in the American nation. It's past time Britain (and the rest of Europe) were taken off military welfare, the funding of which is beyond the ability of U.S. taxpayers. The U.S. government is a debtor government today owing $62 trillions in outstanding debts that are unlikely to ever be repaid, nor is it likely that repayment is even possible on such a massive scale (reflect upon this: 1 trillion seconds ago, no one hear of Jesus Christ or the Roman Empire; it is equal to roughly 7,000 years) .
It doesn't take a George Washington or Andy Jackson to see that British Empire, now American-powered, is not freedom; it is empire and completely antithetical to American liberty. It is not right for Americans to provide the brawn to British Empire nor is it right for the British to get Americans involved in the aerial bombing and occupations of Britain's former colonies, which includes Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. Such interventionism is costing more trillions than American taxpayers can pay while it gets Americans, Afghanis, Pakistanis, and Iraqis killed in addition to a few 'red coats'.
American citizens are in a real mess no thanks to the Democrats and Republicans who have steered the United States to British Empire and financial ruin. America's imperialist 2 sides of the same coin Demopublican one-party system is the single largest cause of America's financial doom. It is past time U.S. voters stopped reelecting them to office - Demopublicans are the cause and therefore cannot be the solution. American voters cannot afford to continue voting them into office (are you listening Tea Partying Conservatives?). . . America needs a 2nd party - the Libertarian Party! And to declare independence again from British Empire, now U.S.-powered. Not only can Americans not afford to financially, but their own liberties are at stake.