Recent articles by
• Living With Alzheimers Disease, Jan 29, 2013
• I Believe There Is Life After Death
• The Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem On Palm Sunday
• Just AThought About God ,By Jack Baggaley
• Understanding Creation, By Jack Baggaley
• Thoughts About Mothers Day - May 9 , 2010
• It Is The Season For Giving , Sharing And Family Time
• An Up Date On My Husband's Condition
• An Emergency Situation, We need your Prayers
• Advances In Treating Alzheimers
• A Family Gathering on Easter, April 12, 2009
• The Song Taps , Written During The Civil War
>> View all
Today Is Easter Sunday , And More
edited: Sunday, April 08, 2007
By MaryGrace Patterson
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007
Become a Fan
A family celebration of life, love and more.
Today is Easter Sunday. Joshua would have been nine today.
Each year our family is together
at Easter. Every one brings food of some kind, and we eat outside by the lake. (weather permitting)
Many tables are set up for four or five individuals to sit at, under a large oak tree. A gaily decorated table with ham ,turkey, salads, veggies, rolls, drinks, cakes and pies offers a variety of foods for all.
A slight breeze was blowing today, as the sun shown through the tumbling leaves. The lake waters glittered as small ripples danced in the sunlight.
Great grandpa, Judson, said grace, and then a special prayer was dedicated to Joshua and my mother.
My mother loved all the holidays ! She instilled many traditions in me, which I have passed on to my children and their families. I often feel her by my side, tho she has been gone four years.
It was also Joshua's 9th birthday.
How glorious it was for him to share it with Jesus, who arose those many years ago. The day held an extra special meaning for all of us.
Today we enjoyed the togetherness of family time, and a holy holiday in the beautiful, tranquil country side of south Florida. Can anyone ask for much more than that? I can't......
I count my many blessings!
Want to review or comment on this article?
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|MAryGrace, you are indeed blessed beyond measure. I am glad that you had Joshua for the short time you did; he certainly outlived doctor's prognoses, and he was a Miracle; now you have your very own little Guardian Angel who is watching out over you. Happy Easter to you anyway, hope it was happy! Sounds like it was; good on you! :)
(((HUGS))) and much love, your friend in Tx., Karen Lynn. :D