STRESS-LESS SUCCESS STRATEGIES
We all have an inner voice that is telling us what we can or cannot accomplish. It’s important to think in a positive manner. Here are thoughts that can be turned into positive ones with practice.
- It’s too hard, so I’ll never make it. Change to… I know that this is not easy, but they never said life is a cakewalk.
- I don’t know anything about this. I can’t do this. Change to… I know very little, but there is a lot of room to learn and grow.
- The information and the task is too hard, I can’t take this. Change to… This is very challenging and I accept the challenge. I can do this!
- My memory is gone, I can’t recall anything. Change to… If I just relax I will probably remember in good time.
- I want to give up; it’s just no use. Change to… It’s tough; but when the going gets tough, the tough get going!
- Forget this; this is the worst score I ever received. Change to…I can learn to do this and better understand my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am worthless in this area. I can’t do it. Change to… I will seek more assistance and I will do better than ever.
- If I don’t make the promotion this time, forget it! Change to… I will strive to do my best and do better than before.
- I’ll never make it on time. Change to…I will make it, but, if I don’t, I will survive!
- I am doing terrible, I am wasting my time. Change to…I can do better; and, with a little more effort, I can achieve _______ if I believe.
- I am just a worthless failure and lately, I can’t seem to do anything right. Change to… Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison were once told they were failures by their instructors. They were successful and I can be just as successful as I want to be.
What is your inner voice telling you? Just fill in the blank:
Note: These are critical areas in life that are very important. Continue to expand your answers on the reverse side of this page or use separate paper. Each area is important to discuss with your mentor.
“Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones.”
Proverbs 16:23 (KJV)
Copyright 2012 from "Mentoring To - Go" by John Michael Domino