As we begin the New Year, many of us will make resolutions that we know will be a memory by January 5th. This year, I want us to throw out that foolishness and just commit to "8 for 2008". These are simple things that can change your life forever!
1. I WILL take 15 minutes in the morning just for me. I will take some deep breaths and clear my head without husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, child, parent, or anyone else hanging around.
2. I WILL schedule an appointment with my doctor for a full physical exam and I will be prepared to ask questions.
3. I WILL not let anyone speak negativity into my life. I will stay strong and positive and get rid of anyone that is not supportive of ME!
4. I WILL purpose to do something unexpected and good for someone else at least once month. I will not brag or broadcast my good deeds.
5. I WILL commit to trying my BEST to exercise at least three times a week, with the goal of making this part of my daily life.
6. I WILL commit to trying my BEST to kick my junk food, fried food, sodas, fatty/yummy desserts habit. I will limit myself to two small guilt free splurges a week ONLY if I keep my exercise goals.
7. I WILL spend time each day in prayer and meditation. I will thank God each day for allowing me to still breathe, be in my right mind and for the measure of health that He's given me. I will pray for others and for this world. I will seek Him first as I seek and work for better health and wholeness.
8. No matter what my weight, my physical appearance, my education, my income, my family background, my present state in life; I WILL tell myself each and every day that God loves ME, I love ME and I am wonderfully and phenomenally made! I KNOW that I am a Queen/King and I will walk, talk and be treated like the royalty that I am.
If you will join me in committing to "8 in 2008", email me at drsharon.sharondeniseallisonottey.com! You can also visit my website and request a FREE personalized calendar with motivation, health tips and much more.