Market Scoops: Dead Bait 2
edited: Thursday, April 01, 2010
By D.L. Snell
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010
Become a Fan
For writers: interview with the editor of a new aquatic-themed anthology.
- Antho: Dead Bait 2
- Editor(s): Gary Lucas and TBC
- Pay rate:1c PW
- Response Time: After Deadline
- Deadline:1st July 2010
- Description: Stories must include themes revolving around fish/fishing and aquatic creatures
NOTE: Horror author D.L. Snell conducted the following interview to give writers a better idea of what the editors of this specific market are seeking; however, most editors are open to ideas outside of the preferences discussed here, as long as they fit the basic submission guidelines.
1) What authors do you enjoy, and why does their writing captivate you?
Apart from all the wonderful authors at Severed Press, I read a lot of books by a lot of different authors. A couple that spring to mind are I am Legend and John Dies at the End, but if I had to pick one it would be Michael Crichton. I really liked the way he included cutting edge science into thrilling storylines. I think a lot of scientists searching for Dino-DNA have Michael to thank for their funding.
2) What are your favorite genres? Which of these genres would you like to see incorporated into submissions to this market?
Horror. In the original Dead Bait we managed to incorporate Weresharks along with zombie and vampire fish; I really liked these fishy twists on traditional monsters.
3) What settings most intrigue you? Ordinary or exotic locales? Real or fantasy? Past, present, or future?