A concerned female asked me who is most vulnerable to a rogue (bad) cop? She was surprised I answered that question in about two seconds...of course a female!
Rogue cops are mostly young males ( they can be older and women officers) with only a few years or in some cases a few months on the force. They joined because of power and esteem issues and police departments are the main venues to practice this behavior.
Females, young and old, are targets. They are targets for sexual favors, money, and generally are looked upon as weak. When a rogue officer engages a female, he's assessing her weaknesses. If she appears frail, weak, and naive, he will strike.
However, there are a few ways for females to combat this type of police officer. Remember, no cop wants "witnesses" while stopping a motorist, pedestrian, or other target. He desires the weak and uninformed, period.
Here are some tips to use on ANY cop, whether he's rogue or honest:
1) Always address the officer as Mr., officer, or sir. Never refer to him by his first name or any degree of familiarity.
2) Do note his name badge, badge number, or vehicle number.
3) If you feel "strange" by his questions, you are probably sensing trouble!
4) The officer should never get personal, or ask questions that have nothing to do with the infraction at hand.
5) If you sense a problem, tell him something that will put him on the defensive. For example "Officer, my friends will be passing here in a few seconds, can we make this quick", or I just informed my husband that I was being stopped by a police officer on my cell, or anything that will make him think twice, Be innovative!
6) If he persists in "his interest" in you, tell him you're flattered, but you've just been diagnosed with a contagious sexual disease! This is serious, so play the part!
7) Just before you're stopped by a cop, quickly call your husband, friend, or anyone to inform them you being stopped and your location if possible.
8) If attacked, do fight back, scream, shout, or yell. Do anything to call attention to the situation. Remember, this is in fact a CRIMINAL, using a badge! Believe me, he doesn't want attention.
9) Attempt to stand in front of his patrol car throughout the stop. Most police video cameras will record the stop.
10) If you're ever violated, even in the slightest, report this officer quickly, that day or night! Don't give him an opportunity to stop another female.
11) The main tip, never appear weak. When cops stop a female attorney, or females familiar with the law, they treat them totally different! Act confident, assured, and even sort of boldly.
I really hope these tips are helpful and that no female will ever have to use them. Remember, protect yourself and your family, period!