Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Allergy Capital of the World
By Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Last edited: Monday, May 06, 2002
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002
Become a Fan
Recent articles by
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
Fourth of July Fireworks, Floods
Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
Golden Corral Celebrates
Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
One Life Was Saved: MINE
>> View all 54
If you're allergic to something, it's more than likely you live in North Central Texas.
Ahhhhhh...take a deep inhale of that beautiful Spring air out there...
Quick!! Somebody get me a Kleenex!!!!
It's that WONDERFUL time of year again here in North Central Texas. Springtime. When all of the trees bud, when all of the flowers bloom, when all of the pollens IRRITATE THE CRAP OUTTA YA!!!!
North Central Texas has GOT to be the "Allergy Capital" of the World. I'm from Ohio originally and never had a lick of trouble with allergies. No problems whatsoever. Moved here around twenty years ago, and about three years ago, WHAM!! I'm attacked by cottonwood trees and mountain cedar. (Although I'm beginning to wonder if I'm also allergic to work...I get to work and immediately start sneezing. I KNOW I'm allergic to math...and pain.)
No warning. You're feeling great, and then, you feel LOUSY. Sneaks up on ya. All you had to do was breathe. Some annoying little allergen got into your system and is about to do a number on you.
You know what I'm talking about...your nose itches (great fun when both of your hands are occupied) and your nose runs (VERY embarrassing and annoying) and your eyes itch and water and turn red and your throat gets this...irritating...TICKLE...in it and you have to cough and your head feels like it's all stuffed up with cotton and you've got the world's worst headache and it will NOT go away and your glasses hurt your face because of the sinus pressure...WHINE! WHINE!!
Take today, for example. Even though I don't feel all that hot, I still went to work. Can't take anything for the symptoms because they knock me out (I'd hate to take something for my sinuses and be standing there, asleep on my feet, and just my luck, the boss would come in...BUSTED!! You're fired!!). I just have to suffer (poor baby).
One of the co-workers called in, because her sinuses are bothering her. Great! Mine are too, but they ain't gonna kill me!! Although the way my poor head feels, I don't know...I have a job to do, allergies aren't catching (I don't think...), I've gotta work in order to earn some money to pay my bills...I'd love to take a day off, but I have to work because you called in to say you don't feel good!! WHINE! WHINE!!
I just had to get this off my chest...let me go home and take some sinus medicine so I can get some rest and maybe get rid of this headache and try to get rid of this...annoying...TICKLE...and maybe I can stop coughing and maybe I can breathe through my nose (I got cottonmouth!) and maybe my eyes will stop itching and watering and turning red and maybe I can stop sneezing and maybe I can get rid of this cotton filled head and WHINE! WHINE!!
Reader Reviews for
"Allergy Capital of the World"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I hear ya. I have never had allergies until I come here; then WHAMMO! Full force! Excellent article; very well written, with a touch of humor! Just the way I like it!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Axilea MU
|I simply had to read this one. I'm allergic too, especially to cats. Now, you think you can avoid cats, but it's not so easy. I have to avoid people who have cats and sometimes I'm invited somewhere and I forget to ask. My symptoms also include asthma. It happened when I had to work at a colleague's, at a friend's marriage and at another friend's birthday where one of his nieces brought her two cats... house dust is another killer. Anyway, enough complained. I hope they'll find something that doesn't make you sleepy!