Become a Fan
Amusement heals the mind, body and soul supporting us in moving through each day with ease and lightness. Explore what gets in the way of you having more amusement and find out how to increase it so you can feel more joyful in life.
What makes you smile inside and out, tickles your funny bone, and brings you to bursts of laughter? We all know the benefits of laughter. It gets our energy flowing, massages our internal organs, boosts our immune system and most important, feels wonderful. So what gets in the way of being amused more often? Why don’t we see the humor in everything instead of being easily irritated, annoyed, or frustrated?
We don’t need something funny to happen to feel amused inside. People who breeze through life, slough off problems with ease, and accept life’s ups and downs with a chuckle are living in a state of amusement. Just as the endless blue sky lies behind every cloud, a blanket of lightness lies behind each of our thoughts, perceptions and feelings. All we have to do is tune into it and turn up the volume.
Imagine what your life would be like if you approached each day, each person, each task and each problem from a lighter amused state. Would you enjoy your day more, relate better with others, move through your work easier and find more creative solutions? You bet! And now imagine the ripple effect this would have on your relationships, family, work, and beyond.
Explore these questions to gain insights into your levels of amusement:
• What is your default mood - the state of being you tend to live in on a regular basis? Do you operate from a stance of anger, depression, joy, victim-hood, amusement, peacefulness, fear or what? If you’re not sure, ask yourself how your friends and family would generally describe you as this may give you an indication. Is this the default state you want? If not, what would you choose?
• Who or what controls your state or mood? Is it dependant on others around you, circumstance or do you bring forth your own true self no matter what is going on around you?
• What gets in the way of you being amused more often? What would you have to let go of in order to lighten up? What would you have to accept? What would your life be like if you had more amusement?
Try these inspiring ideas to increase your levels of amusement:
• Many people are offended by many things and all this does is put them in a bad mood. You can choose to be amused instead of offended. The next time you are about to judge something or someone (including yourself) ask yourself how you want to feel. Then ask how you can view this person or situation in order to feel this way and do it.
• Practice being in a state of amusement – it is a simple flow of energy that you can control. Imagine turning up a dial for amusement in your body. Let the energy of amusement vibrate through your whole body, inside and out. Imagine all of your cells are laughing with each other. Notice how you feel when you do this.
• Each day when you wake up set your intention to go through the day in a sate of amusement. If you find yourself getting off track into negativity, focus on the feeling of amusement again. If you need to, think of something funny to jump start this flow and let it grow from there. Notice how your life changes when you operate from a place of amusement.