What are you passionate about in life? What does passion feel like and what does it do for you? For me it's a sizzling blend of love, joy and enthusiasm. Sometimes it's a gentle soft voice calling me to soak in the beauty of nature or revel in the smile of a child. At other times it's a louder burst of creativity wanting to be expressed through writing, gardening or designing a workshop.
However strong or subtle it may be, passion moves me forward in life and allows me to enjoy activities to the fullest. At times it's ignited by something outside of me such as the awe of a hot pink sunset or the decadence of a rich chocolate dessert. But often it is an inner experience I bring forth into my life; a feeling or energy within me that calls me to notice, experience and take action.
We each have this well of passion within us, but it is up to us to feel it, let it out, and share it with our daily activities. By doing so we add vibrancy and fulfillment to our lives.
Explore these questions to gain insights into what you are passionate about:
* What ignites your passion in life? What external situations, events or people trigger it and when is it motivated internally?
* How do you feel, think and behave when you are flowing with passion? How does being passionate affect your life?
* What areas of your life would you like to bring more passion into? What influence might this have on your life?
Try these inspiring ideas to gain more passion in your life:
* Reflect over times in your life when you have felt passionate. What was it that ignited this within you? Brainstorm ways that you can re-ignite it now in your life.
* With the areas of your life you would like to have more passion, ask yourself the following questions and see what answers spontaneously come up: in order to experience more passion in this area I would need to let go of…..? I would have to embrace…..? I would need to do…..? I would have to be…..?
* Spend five minutes exploring the feelings of passion stirring within you. You could imagine turning up a dial for passion and feel it bubble inside of you, or you could imagine something you are passionate about and then just sit with the feelings and turn up the volume. Choose to bring this vibration of passion into your daily activities and notice how it affects your life.