Have you ever had a dream or a goal that seemed unattainable? Believing that you can succeed is the first step toward achieving your goals. Believing in your skills, talents, strengths and desires will take you a long way.
A friend once had a message on her voice mail that said, "Hard work will win over talent, when talent refuses to work hard." Every day that automatically pops into my mind. I don't have to try to recall it, it is just there, written in indelible ink, engraved into my daily thought patterns.
I have always dreamed of making a living touching and reaching hurting people. I dreamed of helping others make their dreams become a reality in their lives.
The greatest tragedy is the millions of people each day that give up on their dreams and goals because they fail to persevere through the hard times to reach the end.
Many give up just before the miracle comes. Here are a few simple tips that will help you to stay focused on your dreams and goals:
1. At the start of each day replace all negative feelings and thoughts with positive ones.
2. Be consciously aware of words you are speaking, replacing negative words with positive ones. Example: Instead of saying, "I will try to market that client today." Switch that for, "I will take time to get to that client today." Just the simple switch of words can create positive effects in your life and business.
3. Always make your decisions firm and definite. Let your yes be yes, and your no be no. Period. Know what and why you believe something and stick to it. Know who you are inside and be firm about it. No one else will believe in you as much as you do.
4. Don't be intimidated by others who are trying to be negative about your dreams and goals.
You will find many who will not believe in you, press on! Beware of dream snatchers! Remember there are others who may constantly discourage you from realizing your dreams because they cannot step out to realize their own.
How do they do this? How do our friends snatch our dreams from us?" It is done and you hardly notice it. Here's how. Your friend says to you, "Oh sure that is great, but you probably can't dot it." There you have it. You have just been fed your negative thought for the day. Don't chew it and swallow it, spit it out!
5. Believe without a doubt that each task you set out to accomplish will be followed through to completion.
Don't walk away felling as if you failed a project. I dreamed my entire life about doing something. No one believed in me. I felt as if I walked around all the time trying to make the world believe in me. I chose a good paying career, but was always unhappy and unfulfilled.
Now I have achieved my goals. I publish a magazine, have my own radio program and own a full service advertising company.
Remember, you can do it! Believe in yourself. Keep your dreams coming! Beware of Dream Snatchers!
By Shelley Costello (c) 2006