I've heard a lot of talk lately on the addition of fluoride (sodium fluoride to be exact) into the milk of certain schools in the U.S. as well as to the water supply. Many places over the globe add sodium fluoride (a toxic bi-product) to the drinking water which, after what all I've learned, is disconcerting to say the least.
Are you aware that this product is more toxic than lead? As a matter of fact Sodium Fluoride is the main and usually only ingredient in rat poison. An amount as little as 0.04 mg a day is proven to cause serious health problems. 2 mg a day causes an outstanding amount of dammage like skeletal fluorosis.
Sodium Fluoride destroys bone and enamel, substituting itself and causes the bone and enamel to become brittle. Teeth become more porous. It can cause serious mental and reproductive problems, cancer (including bone cancer), and that's only scratching the surface. Children who have gotten treatments at their dentists have actually died from the levels during cleaning. This toxic product was used in Germany to dumb down the prisoners in concentration camps and make them more compliant.
An actually warning for emergency responders when dealing with a person who has consumed or even touched (it seeps into pores in the skin) is this.
Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do NOT use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin. Keep victim warm and quiet. Effects of exposure (inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact) to substance may be delayed. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved, and take precautions to protect themselves.
Does this sound like something you want in your milk or water? How about your food, toothpaste, and many other things as well?
One must question the integrety and morality of any one or governing body who puts this stuff in the products we use, eat, and drink. Don't just take my word for it though. Find out for yourself. It's simply appauling to realize the people who are supposedly there to help us are actually doing the opposite.
There is good news though. You can find products without this poison in it. There are many organic online stores that specialize in fluoride free toothpastes (http://www.theenergysecret.com/ is just one site, there are more) and there are water filtration systems you can get to ensure you get only clean, pure water (ecoblue.com, there are others but this seems quite interesting.).