The Ten Commandments of Successful Sleep
edited: Monday, June 25, 2007
By Glenda D Sparling
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007
Become a Fan
You can take responsibility for your natural sleep habits.
1. Thou shall take responsibility for your sleep.
2. Thou shall take action to change your sleep habits.
3. Thou shall have a positive desire, determination and commitment to improving your sleep.
4. Thou shall set goals to improve your sleep habits.
5. Thou shall create an action plan to improve your sleep gradually.
6. Thou shall have patience and the reward of improved natural sleep will be yours.
7. Thou shall have persistence.
8. Thou shall believe that you can change your sleep habits.
9. Thou shall learn through trial and ‘error’. If one technique doesn’t seem to be effective ~ try something different.
10. Thou shall create a clear picture of your sleep routine and visualize the desired outcome ~ a rested you ~ waking to the energy of excellence.
(adapted from The Ten Commandments of Self-Improvement, Self Improvement Online, Inc., 2004, www.selfgrowth.com).