Some observations about the inauguration
Here are some observations I had when watching the inauguration of our 44th President. These are just some things I noticed that made me go, “Hmmm…”
• The poignant shot of the outgoing moving van at the White House -- complete with boxes.
• Aretha better think ‘bout what she’s putting down her gullet.
• Yoyo Ma head banging as if he were at an AC/DC concert.
• The Chief Justice misreading the oath.
• After taking the oath as President of the Unites States, Barack kissed his wife, Michelle, on the cheek
• After the inaugural speech, Barack kissed his wife, Michelle, on the cheek.
• When escorting former President and Mrs. Bush to Executive One for their departure, G Dubya kissed Barack’s wife, Michelle, on the cheek. Marital problems? You read it here first.
• Obama, Democrat, wore a red tie. George Bush, Republican, wore a blue tie.
• Obama mentioned the non-believers in the “patchwork of the country.”
• How we made history today. Isn’t every inauguration history?
• In that wheelchair, Dick Cheney's resemblance to Mr. Burns from The Simpsons is uncanny.
• Barack Obama, when signing his first document, the Declaration of National Renewal, said, “I was told not to swipe the pen.”
Good luck, P.O. (That's President Obama to you non-hipsters.)