AN OPEN LETTER TO MEMBERS OF U.S. CONGRESS
MEMBERS of the House of Representatives and the Senate,
I would open this letter with a few questions. Questions that I don't expect answers from you, but would be nice if you DID answer;
questions that I can only hope will open your eyes and minds to your constituent's wants and needs.
Whether you be Republicans, Democrats, or affiliated with another political party, you are included.
1. Do you really think you are working for the People of your districts and our Country, or have you, in fact, been seduced by the many Lobbyists in and around D.C.?
2. Are you making "trade-offs" with members of other districts that would be of little use to the People, and a waste of their tax money on Pork-Belly projects?
3. What bills have you written, or promoted, during your tenure in the House or Senate, that was/is productive for the People of your
district or for the betterment of Our People/Country? (listing of bills can be by Number and Heading)
4. How do you vote/stand on protection and preservation of our Country's Wildlife? This would include our "creatures, fauna, and flora", sanctuaries, forests, etc.
5. What bills have you written, or promoted, during your tenure in the House or Senate, that was/is factually helpful to our now-existing and future Veterans, including the homeless?
6. What bills have you written, promote, and give positive vote that will ensure best answers to our energy crisis: plans that would ensure a shift in our economy to clean energy, prevent climate change, and create a multitude of jobs for existing citizens - your constituents?
7. How often do you vote for legislation that would give exemptions to big corporations, at an exhorbitant cost to the tax-payer...your constituents?
8. How often do you decline - or accept - leisure trips, dinners, gifts, and vacations paid by Lobbyists? (on this question, I'd like each of your answer, decline? accept?)
9. Which of you belong to a committee that investigates private corporations collecting public/personal/private information on all American Citizens - your constituents - with said private corporations allowing Executive Office employees as "consultants" with full access to the Citizens' information? Said access corrupting the Right To Privacy Laws...
10. Will you be running for re-elections? At what date? (please answer)
11. (for added usage)
Author's Note: Permission is granted for this Open Letter to be used by any reader that wishes to send to their U.S. Representatives and U.S. Senators.
Question[s] 11. and beyond my be added per the reader's suggestion/comment herein. Be civil and purposeful...
Jackie (Micke) Jinks
Find your House Representatives here:
Find your Senators here:
And please share this information:
The Veteran Suicide Prevention Hotline is available 24 hours a day, by calling 1 800-273-TALK (8255); veterans should press "1" after being connected.
If you know a veteran (or the family member of a veteran), in need of help, please give them this telephone number. You might help save a life.