Are You Happy Being an Affiliate?
edited: Monday, April 07, 2003
By David L McKenzie
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003
Become a Fan
A checklist for what to look for before joining an affiliate program.
The success of affiliates has a lot to do with their happiness.
Ask any affiliate that has made decent money with affiliate programs whether they enjoy what they are doing and they will all answer ‘YES’.
You need to enjoy what you are doing to do well at it.
Sounds simple right?
However many online entrepreneurs could think of nothing worse than re-selling someone else’s product. That would be like working for a competitor! They want to develop their own products and sell them exclusively.
These people will not be happy being an affiliate. They need to do their own thing.
Before starting out as an affiliate you need to be happy BEING an affiliate otherwise it is unlikely you will succeed.
If you are thinking about affiliate programs but are a little unsure then ask yourself the following questions before you start out.
1. Are you happy to re-sell somebody’s product?
2. Are you willing to accept a commission for each sale rather than the full sale itself? Most of the time your commissions will be 50% and below.
3. Are you happy being told what marketing materials you should use by the affiliate program manager?
4. Are you happy to wait up to a month or more to receive your check?
5. Are you happy to compete with many other affiliates re-selling the same product?
If you can answer yes to these questions then you can be happy being an affiliate.
Happy affiliates make the most money. Make sure you are happy being an affiliate as your chances of success will dramatically improve.
David McKenzie is offering a Free Email Course
“5 Tips to Being Successful with Affiliate Programs”
Click now for your FREE course!