Retreat and Heal offers 5 Steps to Manage Your Stress
Stress May Be Making You Sick! 90% of all illness in our fast paced society is stress induced. Do you realize how many people walk around with unnatural amounts of stress? Stress and tension can become a normal feeling in your body. Medical doctors will soon be prescribing that people take a day every month to go on retreat, a long weekend every three months, and a longer sabbatical on a regular basis, simply to recharge their batteries and survive the intensity of our societies' high stress levels. Retreat centers around the country are fuller than ever before.
Everyone has stress. The key is learning effective tools to manage stress. Below, find five keys to manage stress and bring your body/mind/and spirit back to health.
- Learn when to say no. If you are tired, learn to walk away and take a break. This can be as little as 15 minutes, or as much a full week. If you are stressed you are not able to be productive. Taking a break and then returning to the project refreshed can bring about more successful results.
- Learn to Breathe. You probably are thinking that everyone breathes. This is true but, 95% of society practices shallow breathing. Shallow breathing is responsible for 98% of all disease and stress related illness. Post signs in your office, in your car and at home and remind your self to breathe deeply.
- Commit to Exercise. Determine an exercise routine that you enjoy and create time for this exercise in your life. In the beginning you wonít enjoy it but keep going. It takes 21 days to create a habit. You will love the way you feel and the results it creates .
- Create a healthy eating program. Your eating is based on habits. Habits donít always serve you. Decide to change your habits to support your health. Your health is your greatest asset. Once it is diminished, it takes time to regain your health.
- Decide to be happy. Happiness is a choice. A lot of times we have not been conditioned to be happy. It takes commitment, dedication, determination and an ability to embrace change in order to create a happy life.
Sedona is the perfect escape, to rejuvenate your passion for life. Retreats can give you the needed break from the hectic pace, of everyday life. Once relaxed, you can recharge your battery, and gain new power to move forward in your life. A retreat is the perfect place to facilitate the journey back to your center, providing you with tools to restore clarity and wholeness.
You can choose a mini-retreat, for a long weekend-experience, in the transformational energy of Sedona. Or plan a full week's vacation, for a deeper recharging of your energy. Sedona's landscape is a natural playground, for the outdoor activities lover. You will take home simple tools, which you can realistically include in your daily activities.
Imagine yourself, enjoying a beautiful week free from stress, with like-minded souls. See yourself beginning your mornings, in the breath-taking beauty of Sedona, on the land hiking, meditating, practicing yoga or being quiet and listening to your inner-wisdom. Feel yourself being nurtured, having your body massaged, and mind cleared. In the afternoon, spend quiet time alone with yourself. Relax with a leisurely stroll on the local hiking trails, integrating your healing treatments. Y our evenings are spent star gazing on our open deck or soaking in the hot tub. Our weeklong retreats create positive life changes, heartfelt memories, and friendships that last a lifetime.
Whatever your intentions for your retreat, you are assured of success with Retreat and Heal. We offer a safe and affordable place to heal in the Red Rocks. Our family business, with our years of experience in facilitating individuals and groups, makes us your complete healing vacation destination. Embrace your life, regain your passion, and move forward, empowered with tools to live a healthy, balanced life.
We are not a luxury spa but, an Affordable Spa for the Soul. View our schedule and menu at www.retreatandheal.com or call 928.282.5237. Let us be your guide, for the retreat of your dreams. Take a look at our Spiritual Spa for the Soul video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnN0UxhvvHE .
Annie Lawrence, PhD, founded and directed a state-approved school of Holistic Health in Solana Beach, CA for ten years. Her spiritual retreat center is in itís fourth year and is located in Sedona, Arizona.
© copyright Annie B Lawrence, Ph.D., CHT and owner of Retreat and Heal LLC.