“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give”. Sir Winston Churchill
Okay, here is your chance to be put into the history books. Quotes can come from anyone, even our friend “anonymous” has his or her share out there. Today it’s your turn.
I am going to compile a list of “new” quotes, and they will come from all of you. Anyone who reads this has their chance of being quoted for the rest of time. The 10 best will be listed as “The 10 Best Quotes of the 21st Century” in a future post, and hopefully on tv. Below are the rules.
1) Authentic: This is an opportunity to strut your stuff! Please, no plagiarizing. If you choose to be anonymous, sign your quote as “anonymous”.
2) Submit: Write your new, awesome, soon to be classic quote as a comment to this post on www.mystermoney.com/blog
3) Spread to word: Digg it. Stumble it. Blog it. Email it. Whatever your method, make sure you do your part to increase the number of entries so you can see how you compare to the best of the best.
4) Number of Entries: You may submit one quote per day for the duration of the contest. Contest ends Feb 29th, 2008.
5) Judging: I will be putting together a list of judges to determine the 10 best quotes. The judges will include yours truly, some fellow bloggers, authors, and perhaps even a celebrity or two! (sshh).
Ok, I can’t promise this, but we will attempt to get the new “10 Best Quotes of the 21st Century” announced on Oprah. You never know.
To get us started…
“Should I fail to reach any of my hopes and dreams, I know it will be due to only one reason. All the time I wasted trying to discover that misguided reason” Richard Ezzo, author, “When Money Talks, Listen!”
Best of luck to you, and here’s to seeing your quote referred to in the 22nd century!