1) The progress of prayer—pray to,- pray for, --pray with.
2) Contrarian promises: you will feel good about shameful acts, you will embrace your character defects, and you will know real insanity.
3) When you stop doing the steps you are actually taking a step backwards When man listens, God speaks; when man obeys, God works.
4) The problem may not be that you are out of your mind but rather in your mind.
5) For ME reading the big book is good; and reading it with the good book is better
6) A dishonest mistake—a lie.
7) It’s where you discover you have not asked God enough.
8) Some people do the steps by sidestepping
9) The 12-step program teaches you that you do not need variety to have spice in your life.
10) It’s where you learn to feel good about the bad.
11) It’s where people tell real-life stories about terrible things in such a way that it makes the people in the room happy.
12) The program proves that being a bad example can be a good example
(c) Tuchy Palmieri 2009
from the book "Off The Wall Contrarian Quotes For People in Recovery"
© Tuchy palmieri permission is granted to reprint any and all of this