What fits on one sheet and costs pennies to make? You see them all the time. Flyers are hugely effective, because you can make so many and distribute them all over the marketplace without having to spend a fortune. But just so your flyers don't get lost in the shuffle, I'm going to show you the second 5 of 10
techniques that professional designers use to make flyers "fly".
What fits on one sheet and costs pennies to make? You see them all the time. Flyers are hugely effective, because you can make so many and distribute them all over the marketplace without having to spend a fortune. But just so your flyers don’t get lost in the shuffle, I’m going to show you the second 5 of 10 techniques that professional designers use to make flyers “fly”.
6. STAY AWAY FROM ALL CAPS. They’re hard to read! Instead, use bold type for your titles and subtitles.
7. Keep it simple. Your page layout, that is. Your graphics program should have a “snap to guidelines” function so that you can easily align items to the grid. And watch those print margins – stick to ½” margins on all sides, or add 1/8” for bleeds on items that print off the edge of the page.
8. Proofread, proofread, and proofread. Oh, and did I mention to proofread? Have someone else do it for you – a pair of fresh eyes might uncover something that yours have grown used to. And did you check that contact information? Dial all the numbers, and type in web addresses to make sure they’re correct.
9. On a tight budget? Try this. Use brightly colored or unique paper and black ink. Use shades of gray for tone and contrast to background areas.
10. Who doesn’t like a deal? Design a coupon on the bottom quarter of your flyer. Put a special offer on it – and don’t forget to include any deadlines or limitations. For mail in offers, make it easy for them to pay you with areas for credit card information, mailing address, etc.
Try these techniques on you next flyer. I predict FANTASTIC results!
Copyright © 2007 Karen Saunders
Karen Saunders is the owner of MacGraphics Services, a unique design firm for today’s entrepreneur. Whether you outsource your promotional pieces or are a do-it-yourselfer, Karen takes the mystery out of marketing. Learn the Top 5 Mistakes that can cost you money by signing up for her FREE e-course, available for a limited time. To take advantage of this e-course and find out how easy it can be to attract more clients, http://macgraphics.net/FreeStuff.php. You can also contact her at 888-796-7300, or Karen.macgraphics.net.