9 Attitudes that Keep You Stuck
Have you become proficient at “managing stuck?” Have you given up on “plan A, B, C and D, abandoning dreams of what you thought your life would be like? Are you stuck in managing stuck?
Picture this: you’re in a rowboat anchored in the middle of a river. You watch as objects floating down the river passing you by. When it rains, you put up a tarp. When the current changes, you keep your paddle in the water so you don’t tip over. When a log comes your way, you swing the boat around. Pulling up anchor and heading around the next bend in the river or going ashore requires more energy than you think you have. All your energy goes into “managing stuck?”
The Truth is, change IS going to happen. Change is a part of life. Staying stuck is NOT going to make change from happening. Here are nine attitudes that may be keeping you stuck.
1. You do not believe you deserve, or are entitled to something different or better than you have.
2. You have negative thoughts about yourself and in your ability to change. Making a change may be too embarrassing, too hard, or it’s always the wrong time.
3. Life is chaotic. In the past problem solving creates chaos. Making plans to change become elaborate raising your level of anxiety. When you feel overwhelmed with anxiety, you shut down.
4. You feel alone. You lack a support system to help you clarify a plan and to feel connected with others as change happens in your life.
5. You are a perfectionist. If you are unable to come up with the “perfect” plan, than no plan will work.
6. You make the same choices over and over without seeing results so you stop.
7. You lack a sense of identity within yourself. Your identity of yourself is in your relationships, the roles you have, your education and external conditions.
8. You feel guilty about how making a change in your life will affect others.
9. You are so proficient at managing stuck that any change takes you too far outside your comfort zone.
Do any of these nine attitudes sound familiar? The good news is that when you recognize you’re stuck, you have already begun to get unstuck. Next week, Part Two – 9 Attitudes that support you in moving through change.
Moving Through Change
Part Two – 9 Attitudes that support you in moving through change.
The Truth is, change IS going to happen. Change is a part of life. Staying stuck is NOT going to make change from happening. In Part One I gave you nine attitudes that may be keeping you stuck. When you are willing to give up “managing stuck” here are nine attitudes that will support you in moving through change.
1. You have a clear sense of Self, with a capital “S.” You have an intimate relationship with our inner soul.
2. You have confidence in solving problems as they arise. You have developed the ability to see above the problem to discover the solution.
3. Your personal identity is not in success or fail. Failures = feedback.
4. You strengthen your ability to change because you are able to build on your past successful changes.
5. You know that not changing is no option. Change equal evolving, evolving is good.
6. You know how to invest your life’s energy in creating a life that rich and full.
7. You have a solid support system that gives you honest feedback and “hold the space” for you as you move through change.
8. You have a sense of adventure and you are OK with playing outside the comfort zone.
9. You believe in a Divine Purpose and a Divine Plan for your life.
When you begin to realize that you are stuck in your life, and make a commitment to change, begin to embrace these nine attitudes that will support you through the process of change.
Download these e-books for free:
“9 Steps To A Happier Healthier You”
“7 Easy Ways To Change Your Life Forever”