· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatments
· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatment
· Suicide Warfare: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon
· Women in Combat: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
· Women of Afghanistan in the Post-Taliban Era: How Lives Have Changed . . .
· Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Suicide Bombers
· Female Genital Mutilation: Legal, Cultural and Medical Issues
· The Cuban Family: Custom and Change in an Era of Hardship
· Paternity and American Law
· A Woman Confesses: It's Never Too Late For Lessons In Love -- And LifeLessons in Love and Life
· Sage Book Chapter: Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Genital Mutilation
· Terrorist Attack & Natural Disaster Preparedness
· Warren V. Keller: A Visit to His Roots
· Properly Trained Servicewomen Can Overcome Physical Shortcomings
· Overturning Paternity
· Sexual Harassment
· Soviet-Afghan War (1979-1989)
· The "Dear John": Rosemarie Keller Skaine to Bob Trentz
· Neither Afghan nor Islam
· He Does Me Wrong Song
· Iíll Remember You
· Little Girl, Little Girl
· We Live
· I Am Well Fed
· My Horse II
· The Precipice
· Skaine Signs Two Contracts
· Skaine Interviews on Spotlite Radio
· Skaine presents at UN, Women in Parliament
· Skaine Gives UN Keynote, Terrorism & African Youth
· Query for Writers
· Rosemarie Skaine Keynote Speaker at UN Women 57 Meeting
· Christian Science Monitor Interview
Rosemarie Skaine, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Rosemarie Skaine reviews AuthorsDen collegue's Newsletter
"Welcome to the Happy Scribbler's Newsletter," a delightful logo, welcomes readers instantly, putting them at ease. Susan Cook-Jahme presents a readable and enjoyable July 2005 newsletter describing her return home in Cape Agulhas from Berkshire. She brings a universal fascination with Africa a little closer as she describes the anticipation of the results of the "worst ever recorded floods and gale force winds in recorded history." Photographs enhance Cook-Jahme's description. The eye-catching layout sets a very high standard for other newsletter writers to follow.
Attractive cover photos of Cook-Jahme's book, _African Dust on the Soles of My Feet_ complete with links to purchase either the E-book or paperback, provide the reader options. The newsletter continues to present excellent promotional ideas throughout, ending with yet another aspect of Cook-Jahme's work, a poem, "Wistful Ache for Africa." A Bushman song, "The Dawning Hour" adds a touch of authenticity.
Cook-Jahme's ability as a savvy promoter is highlighted with the inclusion of a professional review by Midwest Book Review, USA, and with the listing of works published. Her promotional talent is even more so shown in listing her contact information. People like to connect and Cook-Jahme provides the means for doing so. Readers are curious and like to know what their favorite authors are currently working on. Cleverly, Cook-Jahme satisfies this curiosity with a small but mighty section, "Watch this Space!"
The "About the Author" section is most often overlooked and a way to build ethos. Congratulations are in order for this often bypassed information!! Lastly, Cook-Jahme does not let the reader down at the end -- she says with photographs, "This is my book." She brings readers back full circle.
"Happy Scribbler's" newsletter is very professionally done, but so warmly inviting.
Click on the Website link below to download this well-done newsletter.
Happy Scribbler's Newsletter for July, 2005; Susan Cook-Jahme
Reader Reviews for
"Susan Cook-Jahme, AuthorsDen, Newsletter Review"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|This is a fine review and tribute, Rosemarie. Thank you. Love and peace to you,
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|A wonderful newsletters that is filled with great contents. The format of this newsletter is excellent. Wonderful work indeed!
Sandie May Angel :o)