· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatments
· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatment
· Suicide Warfare: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon
· Women in Combat: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
· Women of Afghanistan in the Post-Taliban Era: How Lives Have Changed . . .
· Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Suicide Bombers
· Female Genital Mutilation: Legal, Cultural and Medical Issues
· The Cuban Family: Custom and Change in an Era of Hardship
· Paternity and American Law
· A Woman Confesses: It's Never Too Late For Lessons In Love -- And LifeLessons in Love and Life
· Sage Book Chapter: Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Genital Mutilation
· Susan Cook-Jahme, AuthorsDen, Newsletter Review
· Warren V. Keller: A Visit to His Roots
· Properly Trained Servicewomen Can Overcome Physical Shortcomings
· Overturning Paternity
· Sexual Harassment
· Soviet-Afghan War (1979-1989)
· The "Dear John": Rosemarie Keller Skaine to Bob Trentz
· Neither Afghan nor Islam
· He Does Me Wrong Song
· I’ll Remember You
· Little Girl, Little Girl
· We Live
· I Am Well Fed
· My Horse II
· The Precipice
· Skaine Signs Two Contracts
· Skaine Interviews on Spotlite Radio
· Skaine presents at UN, Women in Parliament
· Skaine Gives UN Keynote, Terrorism & African Youth
· Query for Writers
· Rosemarie Skaine Keynote Speaker at UN Women 57 Meeting
· Christian Science Monitor Interview
Rosemarie Skaine, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Review of Hanley J. Harding's educational book to help citizens be prepared for a possible attack, _C/B/R/N: Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear Disaster Familiarization and Overview Manual_.
In November 2002, when the Department of Homeland Security was created, it sought to have national preparedness that resonates down to the community levels. Some communities and organizations interested in safety have developed literature to help citizens be better prepared. Hanley J. Harding, Jr., Director of Operations and Development of the Aurora Protection Specialists, located in Boca Raton, Florida, has developed an educational book to help citizens be prepared for a possible attack, _C/B/R/N: Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear Disaster Familiarization and Overview Manual_.
During these troubled and fearful times, this manual is not only a must read, but a must have. The manual states that information presented “can also be of some help in preparing for - and coping with - naturally-occurring disasters.” At the time of hurricane Katrina, we most likely asked ourselves, “Would I have been prepared?”
The manual is very user-friendly. Designed for clarity, it begins with a helpful “Glossary of Terms.” Most of us have an intellectual understanding of the term biological warfare, but few have adequate knowledge of the term bioaccumulative. Chapters 1 through 5 provide overviews for each type of threat, chemical, biological, radiological contamination and nuclear.
Chapter 6, “Personal/Family Disaster Preparedness” addresses the necessity of families bearing the “major responsibility for undertaking pre-planning and preparation measures which will help ensure their survival and safety in the even of an attack.” The citizenry must understand “that it is not possible for any governmental entity to protect the safety of the general population” against an attack. Following this word of advice, Harding outlines the major factors involved in planning for survival and safety in the event of an attack.
Chapter 7, turns attention to “Organizational Disaster Preparedness,” who are by their nature are “capable of responding to disasters.” But they, too, need to devise and implement plans for a possible attack whether it be chemical, biological, radiological contamination or nuclear. The manual concludes with an addendum of a list of hazardous chemicals and substances.
I highly recommend that you add Hanley’s manual to your book shelf,. In these troubled times of international conflict and unpredictable natural disasters, don’t get caught unprepared. Be informed. Be ready. Click on the link below to learn more about the manual.
Hanley J. Harding, Jr.'s Manual
Reader Reviews for
"Terrorist Attack & Natural Disaster Preparedness"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Kimmy Van Kooten
|Interesting...thanks for sharing, and even though I hope this book never gets put to good use, I will make sure I am prepared, regardless
Thanks for sharing this Rosemarie~
Love and Peace~always...
|Reviewed by Larry Lounsbury
|I read this article with intense clarity. Could there be a new threat with the introduction of the Amero dollar?|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Thank you for sharing this important information, Rosemarie. Love and peace to you,