G.O.T. general view[Image]Reply[Image] [Image][Image]claudio ianora to Eric show details 11:54 AM (3 hours ago) * it would -as it
impression are , 1- that there is sufficient original cloth here to get a consistent picture of his philosophy and to evince patches, tears, additions or even modifications.
2- that the original is a recollection not a dictation.There are grouping of subjects that suggest concatenations of ideas-- one saying evoking another - and for that matter- missing to evoke another that may later surface... there is no sign of the order that would be evident if the material was presented at a proper time and setting according to a teacher's priorities. 3 I think the writing it down may have been prompted by disturbing events decades later. Thomas may have decided that there were too many discrepancies attributed to Jesus being adopted and he felt an obligation to set the record straight. Too late possibly to stem the flow of popular tributaries and hence the fact , that no long after a translation ad some minor editing probably to bring the sayings a bit more in line with the general appeal. Fortunately the essence was forcibly preserved by threats to its existence which now presents us with a philosophy and a character that is the antitheses of the christ the saviour of all of the canonical texts. 5, in it , the teacher is highly selective of whom he will teach and help towards illumination , he council extreme measures of detachment and attitudes towards the premiums of life which he sees as a temporary stage on which nothing permanent or precious should be established...
* it would -as it does in almost all cases- distract from the principle purpose of life, a grand perception of beingness in which man is the central catalyst of awareness and value. To taste death is associated to man's failure to fully dedicate his consciousness to the process which separated from it cannot evolve to its proper value and conclusion. In order therefore not to taste death, man must disengage from earthly pleasures and concerns and fully embrace and dedicate himself to his universal destiny. When man first achieves this separation and then completes his unification to the higher awareness of his whole self, than he is no longer subject to the dissolution of the temporary.
- Show quoted text - ** Gameteus went too far in actively seeking exoneration from his life contract. Life is that tin ledge on which he must consolidate his awareness of his whole self. The step forward he must take is a spiritual commitment to what he must recognize is in front of his face and extends to infinity. In the canonical text, jesus christ is invested in performing all the roles that will permit his supplicant to live his life to the fullest and be assured of the next. Worship him and he will come trough for you. In G.O.T. his role is to make us aware that it is all up to us. That both heaven an the earth were made for each of us if only we would act as we deserve them. To begin with it is necessary for us to believe in our selves. We diminish ourselves by our worldly desires and by delegating our spiritual welfare to any one other than ourselves. Gameteus' first step is to fire the redeemer, and his next, is to declare himself under the firmament as unequaled. In theory at least , this predicates that for him a desire to acquire more would diminish him accordingly. There are clear reference to this in G.O.T. as in the four texts. The lilies of the field being the one that readily comes to mind. Interesting enough, the canonical Jesus, not only contradicts himself at every turn in order to please every one and adjust every situation, but also provides the most formidable opposition to himself as in G.O.T. A house divided , this one, by external forces which profit from division and controlled darkness.... .
Add an empire to my name and I am infinitely diminished! But more than that! The most amazing surprise awaiting one who plumbs the depth of this great ocean is that there is nothing in it that lends itself to the establishment of a cult let alone a great world religion. He not only directs his teaching to the individual, and a rare one at that , but dismisses out of hand rituals and performances of any kind which are the bread and wine of any priesthoods and the lore of congregations. One can in fact say that this great spiritual teacher is fundamentally anti-religion. It is in fact difficult to understand how he would have suffered to have a small group of disciples follow him around- like children playing in a field that did not belong to them. And that if indeed he had declared that his church would rest on one individual [possibly Peter but in light of this material i seriously doubt it] If he did indeed had said that, we must take it that he meant it literally. One James or one Gameteus, to light up the whole world. And this is another step in the direction of a sobering reality with the Jesus according to Thomas. The Numbers! - let there be someone among you who can hear! He cries. It does not sound very hopeful, but then if you consider what is at stake, a universe revealed and complete! The numbers involved are of no consideration.
If you become my disciples and pay attention to my sayings, these stones will serve you. from his point of view he had no disciples
* 21. Mary said to Jesus, "What are your disciples like?"
He said, "They are like little children living in a field that is not theirs. There!
* no God, no one to pray to or to curse--so we put up doors, to knock on them , even though they are just doors , because it makes us feel better to have a door to knock on when helpless or afraid [ this must change]notes.. *logion.19.
* --the problem of the child in pain remains.this confirms a`roulette creative engine with premiums at the top
only. promoting the Gameteus principle and the mere filtering down of benefits . the fairness of a system of chance does not allow for compasson.
* have been studying the relative similarities between Jesus' perspective , the overman's and gameteus. Therre are no relative similarities they are the same apart from a few semantics. The change in perspective required between them and our historical false realty, is radical!! From- off to the races - and may the best man prevail - to I have arrived, I am perfect , I shall reign over this whole. Parents will be required to stop the praxtice of sacrifice, what has been formalized from the original of passing their first born through the fire, to dedicating all their ofsprings indiscriminately to the arena. . I have no idea how that will be accomplished, but there is no doubt, the choice is the status quo more and more of it, or a mental leap onto an hiterto unimaginable reality.
You see, when we moved on from hunter and gatherers and the simple and limited social system that maximized daily survival, to agriculture and hording we have unknowingly switched from a rhythm controlled by environmental gradual natural events to a frenzy of wanting to satisfy uncontrollable growing desires stimulated not by contingent needs but by open ended abstract concepts of security, demonstration of welth and of power associated with it . You see, when we moved on from hunter and gatherers and the simple and limited social system that maximized daily survival, to agriculture and hording we have unknowingly switched from a rhythm controlled by environmental gradual natural events to a frenzy of wanting to satisfy uncontrollable growing desires stimulated not by contingent needs but by open ended abstract concepts of security, demonstration of welth and of power associated with it . we now live only to satisfy these ever escalating senses of accomplishment.
In fact what drives us is the unquenchable sense of poverty we inherited when we missed making the connection to our true higher nature and we opted instead for continuous but spurious satisfactions in the Darwiniand arena...
here i m hanging by a thread thinking -i must have given it all i got.
---here i am hanging by a thread, thinking i must have given it all i got---- And I have the most stunning thought! Death never fails! Never! It Is a D.N.A. program yet it is not subject to variations or defects since In all realms of living things not one instance of eternity has ever occurred! In such a gigantic crap shoot "snake eyes" has never come up for death! How is that
wonder if they can tamper it
miser sum et magnificus .
In "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."