If you have reason to believe your spouse or significant other is cheating on you, New Year’s Eve is your big chance to find out if what you suspect is true . Keep your eyes and ears open. You’ll , be surprised at the signs of infidelity that can easily be discovered on New Year’s Eve.
Seen and Heard at the New Year’s Eve Party
iVillage/MSNBC’s Lust, Love and Loyalty survey found that 75% of the people with whom cheaters have affairs, are either workmates or friends. So if it’s not a workplace affair, it’s highly possible that your spouse or significant other is cheating with someone you know -- a neighbor, a family friend, or mutual acquaintance. If the Other Woman or Other Man is someone from your social circle, it’s possible that all three of you will be at the same New Year’s Eve party this year. If so, you’ve got a golden opportunity to check things out.
Keep your eyes and ears open for telltale signs. If there’s something going on between your partner and someone else at the party, their body language and behavior will give them away. It might be as subtle as a look, a touch, a wink, a caress, or calling each other by a pet name. Or it may be as brazen as kissing, heavy petting, or sneaking off somewhere for a quickie, if they think they can pull it off. Be observant. You might even catch them in the act. Stay alert. There’s no telling what you might see or hear.
• Nadine stepped out on the deck for a breath of fresh air and found Bruce and another woman locked in a passionate embrace.
• Trish found Vinnie and their hostess going at it hot and heavy in a guestroom on another floor.
• Brad overheard Erin thanking Dean for the beautiful ring he gave her for Christmas – the same ring Brad had questioned her about earlier, which Erin told him she’d bought for herself.
Suspicious Behavior on New Year’s Eve
No matter where a cheater is on New Year’s Eve -- whether it’s at a party or spending a quiet evening at home -- he or she will usually try to contact the Other Woman or the Other Man. There’s no end to the excuses they can come up with so they can sneak in a phone call, an e-mail, a text message, or even a quick visit to their lover on New Year’s Eve. Be suspicious of any unexplained absences, whispered conversations, or sudden errands that your spouse or significant other has to run shortly before or after midnight on New Year’s Eve.
• On her way to the ladies room, Roxanne found Kyle in a hallway near the restrooms with his back to her, talking on his cell phone in hushed tones. He was leaving a voice mail message (obviously to another woman) telling her he loved her and he’d be thinking of her tonight when the New Year came in.
• Amanda asked Julius to take her home early from the New Year’s Eve party because she didn’t feel well. Julius had an uneasy feeling, since during the 2½ years they’d been dating, he’d never known Amanda to be sick, not even for a day. After dropping Amanda off, Julius hung around for awhile, staying out of sight. Twenty minutes later, he saw Amanda leave her apartment, hail a cab, and head for points unknown.
Unfortunately, stories like these are all too common. If the cheater doesn’t make contact with the Other Woman or Other Man on New Year’s Eve, it’s usually the first thing they do on New Year’s Day.
• At 4 a.m. in the morning, Howard got caught at the computer sending an incriminating e-mail to his mistress, when he thought his wife was asleep.
Clues on the Cell Phone or the Cell Phone Bill
Check your partner’s cell phone or cell phone bill if you can. Look at the last calls made December 31st on New Year’s Eve or the first calls made January 1st on New Year’s Day. If you find suspicious or unfamiliar numbers, do a reverse phone search to find out who the numbers belong to.
• Judith found the number of one of Harold’s female co-workers that she’d questioned him about before. At the time Harold told her the numerous phone calls back and forth between them were related to a business project they were working on. Obviously Harold couldn’t use this excuse to explain the phone call he made to this woman on New Year’s Eve.
You’ll Still Need Additional Proof
Even if you catch your cheating spouse or significant other on New Year’s Eve, don’t expect them to come clean about what’s going on. A cheater will lie, deny, or come up with “logical-sounding excuses” for the signs of infidelity you find. If that doesn’t work, the cheater will attempt to turn the tables by accusing you of not trusting them, of being suspicious, of being jealous, or of making things up.
That’s why you need additional proof beyond what you find on New Year’s Eve. No matter how carefully or how creatively the cheater tries to cover his or her tracks, there are always plenty of telltale signs to be found. Since many of them will be subtle, knowing what to look for is the key. Your best weapon is a copy of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs. (Lifestyle Publications, $29.95) It covers practically every known sign of infidelity, including the subtle signs people usually overlook. (Click here to order now.) Despite the title, most of the signs apply to both cheating women and cheating men. The signs are conveniently grouped into 21 categories so you can easily find the signs that apply to your mate.
FREE Report on Signs of Infidelity
For a FREE special report entitled 21 Ways to Spot a Cheating Mate, which describes the 21 major categories of infidelity signs, e-mail Infidelityinfo.gmail.com with 21 ways-adny in the subject line.
About Ruth Houston:
Frequently called on by the media to comment on popular infidelity issues and infidelity-related breaking news, Ruth has been quoted in USA Today, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, the New York Daily News, Cosmopolitan, the New York Post, the Chicago Tribune, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Toronto Sun, Maclean's, Chatelaine, the National Post, MSN Lifestyle, FoxNews.com, ABCNews.com, msnbc.com, Divorce360.com, iVillage, Reuters, the Associated Press, UPI and numerous other print and online media worldwide.
Ruth has also been a guest on The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, Fox & Friends, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, NBC News, BBC, CBC, WCBS, ABC News, Fox News, 1010WINS, Sirius Satellite Radio, and over 480 radio and TV news and talk shows in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America, New Zealand, Australia, Africa, and the Caribbean.