I never realized all the capabilities that the iPod has to offer. The new iPod with video is grand. Unfortunately, after you opened the thing up, you realized that you can only play the videos you bought from iTunes, and your home movie files aren't in the right format.
Luckily, with the release of iTunes 6.0.2 that's no longer a problem. You can now convert your old home movies for your iPod. For so long I was letting my husband do all of this until I found out how easy it was to covert old home movies into the iPod.
The new electronic technologies that are coming out are so easy to use. It's easier than you think. Below are a couple of easy steps so you can convert your old movies for your iPod.
Follow these steps to convert your movies to an iPod-compatible format using iTunes. It should only take you 3 minutes.
1. Download and install iTunes. You can get iTunes as a free download from Apples website:
2. Once you've got iTunes installed, you want to import the video file you would like to convert into iTunes. The easiest way to do this is to find the file on your computer (must be .mov video file) and drag it into your iTunes video library.
3. After you've imported the video, you should see a small thumbnail of it in your video library. Now you're home-free. Just right-click on the video you'd like to put on your iPod and select, "Convert Selection for iPod" (see picture).
4. Now just wait for iTunes to convert your file. This can take anywhere from just a few moments to several minutes, depending on the file size. In any event, when iTunes has finished, you will see a new thumbnail of your video in the iTunes Video library.
5. The next step is to sync your iPod to iTunes as you would normally do. Once the sync is complete, your video should be on your iPod, ready to share with the world. Enjoy!
If you have comments, thoughts, tips and advice to share send them all to the
The Guru of digital Video at staceychil.aol.com