How to Book a Cheap Luxury Cruise
Cruises are great vacations. You get to explore various cultivated destinations. The food is fabulous and drinks are included. There are activities planned up the kazoo and there’s always something to do. If you want to avoid the crowds then you can hang by yourself at the pool away from everyone. You’re surrounded by the beautiful ocean waters and most of all you can find luxury cruises at cheap prices.
How to book a cheap luxury:
- Book "off-season". Stay away from the "peak season".
- Decide which cruise line you want to sail on. Some travel agencies tend to push a specific cruise line for various reasons; one reason is the agency receives a higher commission.
- Don't be miss-led when you see advertised specials such as "Discount Luxury Cruise", $599". These advertisements are usually for off-season and do not include port fees and taxes.
- Get a cruise quote that includes port fees and taxes.
- Get an inside cabin. An inside cabin, without a window, is by far the cheapest.
- Cruise insurance is often recommended by the agency when booking your cruise. Don't purchase cruise insurance from a travel agency, get it from an insurance company. You'll not only save money but you'll probably get a better policy too.
- Cruising with a group does not always save you money on your cruise. If you are cruising with a group because you want to save money, think again, you may not be saving at all. The organizer of your group, if the group consists of 8-cabins, will usually get the cruise for free. They are the true savers.
- Check out your Sunday paper's travel section long before you cruise. It'll give you an idea of what the market is like.
Cruises are a great way to spend your vacation, but don’t just book the first deal you see. Do your homework first and then book you’re cruise.