When you walk into a computer store there are hundreds of laptops to choose from and deals up the kazoo!
When you walk into a computer store there are hundreds of laptops to choose from and deals up the kazoo! So which lap top do you choose from and how much should you pay? If you’re thinking about buying a new laptop here are some tips for you!
1. Spending - What can you afford? Remember that a computer is a long-term investment, not a quick fix.
- Specify your needs - What are you going to use the computer for? Homework, games, internet, email etc.
- Look for manufacturers - Which company do you want to buy from? You should always go with the manufacturers that have a good name. If there’s a problem you want a reliable company that’s going to fix the problem immediately.
- Seek out discounts, rebates and deals. There’s always a sale on computers. You need to check the newspaper and do a little research before you make your choice on which laptop to buy.
- If you have a job or parents have a job find out if their company gets discounts through manufacturers. A lot of companies get discounts through DELL, HP, Compaq, Gateway, Apple because they buy a lot of computers and software through these companies.
- If you are going to go out and buy one from a store make sure you have your specifications written down.(keeps the pushy sales people off of you)
- Check out CNET and other tech websites for reviews on laptop manufacturers and their hardware.
- Purchase the laptop online, usually it’s cheaper to buy and no pushy sales people.
- Service plans are not what they seem or what the sales person tells you. They can be purchased after the fact. Read through the agreement for the Service plan first before purchasing.
Bear these thoughts in mind when buying a laptop and you should find yourself a cheap laptop that works like a charm.