The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body is essential reference book for anyone interested in maintaining optimal health and overcoming disease. The book contains concise and comprehensive listings of over 175 herbs and conditions. The book has quick and easy references to the all information you need to maintain excellent health the natural way.
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body is essential reference book for anyone interested in maintaining optimal health and overcoming disease. The book contains concise and comprehensive listings of over 175 herbs and conditions. The book has quick and easy references to the all information you need to maintain excellent health the natural way. From the Author
Herbal Medicine sometimes referred to as Herbalism or Botanical Medicine, is the use of herbs for their therapeutic or medical value. An herb is a plant or plant part valued for its medical, aromatic or savory qualities. Herb plants produce and contain a variety of chemical substances that act upon the body. Herbal medicine has been used for centuries. In fact, there has been evidence showing that herbal remedies have been around since the Neanderthal period about 60,000 years ago. Other evidence of the use of herbs for medical purposes has appeared in cave paintings estimated to have been made between 13,000 and 25,000 BC. Most of the synthetic prescription drugs made today is based on naturally occurring substances and capabilities found in plants. In fact, many of the familiar pharmaceutical medications we use today were originally created from natural ingredients. Drugs like opium (from poppies), aspirin (from willow bark), digitalis (from foxglove) and quinine (from the cinchona tree.) Herbal Medicine can be broadly classified into various basic systems: Traditional Chinese Herbalism, which is part of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Ayurvedic Herbalism, which is derived from Ayurveda, and Western Herbalism, which originally came from Greece and Rome to Europe and then spread to North and South America. Chinese and Ayurvedic Herbalism have developed into highly developed systems of diagnosis and treatment over the centuries. Western Herbalism is today for the most part a system of folk medicine. Interest in herbals and natural alternatives has been growing worldwide in recent years from the reported success stories from the use of herbs. For example, St. John's Wort is widely used in the treatment of mild depression without the need for Prozac. St. John's Wort does not have the side effects such as that of Prozac. There are some Ayurvedic herbs that are very useful for reducing cholesterol, diabetes etc. Similarly the popularity of Ginseng and Ginkgo biloba (ginkgo) is rising due to its beneficial effects. The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body is an essential reference book for anyone interested in maintaining optimal health and overcoming disease. The book contains concise and comprehensive listings of over 150 herbs and conditions. This book has quick and easy references to the all information you need to maintain excellent health the natural way. See all Editorial Reviews
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body Posts
5:56 AM PDT, October 5, 2007
Michael Chillemi, DC
Dr. Chillemi enjoys helping people achieve optimal health by relieving their pain, strengthening their bodies, and revolutionizing their lifestyles through implementation of evidence-based, treatment and training protocols.
Dr. Chillemi is licensed in the state of New Jersey, New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania. He is certified by the National Board of Chiropractic and by the American International Sports Association. He is also certified in Flexion Distraction, Functional Capacity Evaluations, and Certified in Cardiac Resuscitation.
Dr. Chillemi maximizes his treatments with postural, strengthening and stretching exercises. Dr. Chillemi has enjoyed a high success rate with stabilizing displaced spinal discs. He has adopted and mastered cutting edge examination methodology and has developed a system of X-ray analysis to screen out potential risks.
Dr. Chillemi offers extensive care and treatment ranging from acute to chronic injuries, cervical and lumbar disc conditions, sports related injuries, shoulder dysfunction, knee dysfunction, and rehabilitation of the functional body.
Dr. Chillemi's diagnostic talents have been sought out by insurance companies and other professionals to render second opinions in light of his extensive experience and expertise.
Dr Chillemi believes strongly in educating people in all aspects of health and fitness. His diverse background and skill set allow him to administer effective integrated treatment and therapy to assist in the areas of pain management, acute-injury care, post-surgical rehabilitation, functional training and rehabilitation, weight loss and balanced nutrition, increasing muscle mass, improving athletic performance, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, stress management and sport-specific personal training.
Dr. Michael Chillemi has pursued his passion for herbal and alternative medicine one of the reasons for his participation and hard work to help with the completion of this book.
Thank you, Dr. Chillemi
5:56 AM PDT, October 5, 2007
- H.O.P.E. Mentor, for the Epilepsy Foundation
- Speaker at different events for schools, organizations, political events
- Spoke in front of Congress in Washington for employment discrimination for people with epilepsy
- Appeared on four talk shows to discuss epilepsy focusing on the importance of understanding epilepsy, how to help someone having a seizure and giving people with epilepsy encouragement and hope for the future.
- Appeared on radio stations discussing epilepsy
- Appeared on the Michael Dressor Show – Health Radio
- Appeared in newspapers all over New Jersey such as, The Leader, Belleville Post and the Star Ledger.
- June 26, 2002, I was honored an award by the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey for Outstanding Volunteer Award.
- Received awards in my achievements and certificates in recognition for outstanding efforts in trying to improve society.
- Active participant in organizations and activities.
- Published over 200 articles.
Stockton College, Pomona NJ
- Associate Degree in Business
- BA in Marketing
- Minor in Advertising.
- Journalist for The Journal Magazine
- Worked for NBC on Dateline
- Channel 4 News
- Today Show
- Currently Managing Editor for the Fashion Magazine UZURI.
- Own Freelance Company
5:55 AM PDT, October 5, 2007
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY STACEY CHILLEMI:
1. Epilepsy You're Not Alone
2. Eternal Love: Romantic Poetry Straight from the Heart
3. My Mommy Has Epilepsy (Children's Book)
4. My Daddy Has Epilepsy (Children’s Book)
5. Keep the Faith: To Live and Be Heard from the Heavens Above (poetry book)
6. Live, Learn, and Be Happy with Epilepsy
7. Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know
Co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques
8. Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope
9. How to Be Wealthy Selling Informational Products on the Internet
10. How to Become Wealthy in Real Estate
11. How to Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks
12. Life’s Missing Instruction Manual: Beyond Words
STACEY CHILLEMI STORIES AND POETRY HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN:
· Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul
· Chicken Soup for the Shoppers Soul
· Whispers of Inspiration