Many married women claim that the spark begins to die down a few years into their marriages. They feel like their spouse feels ‘comfortable’ in the relationship so they see no need to do anything special or out of the ordinary romantically. Women want to know how to improve this aspect of their love life.
Women do not want to lose their spark or passion. No matter how long a couple has been married, the woman still wants to be held, touched, have physical contact and be intimate with their spouse. They want to be romanced and courted like they were before they got married.
Now a days, women and men are living longer and staying healthier. A woman's life expectancy is now 81 years old, and a man's life expectancy is 76 years old. It does not matter what age you are, the spark always needs to be there.
Couples need to look at their partner as romantic, physically attractive, or both. You need to feel happy with your spouse.
Modern society, having more access to information and education, has evolved not only the way people perceive love but also the traditional ways of how people looked at love. Society is re-writing the rules respecting the fact that people are first and foremost different, and therefore have different perspectives on love – how to love and how they want to be loved.
However, to spruce up your marriage and re-ignite that spark try doing a few of the things listed below:
- Spend at least one hour a day with just the two of you, talking about the day, how you feel and special things that happened that made you happy or sad (it is always good to be able to have a shoulder to cry on when you are sad, especially, the one you love.). One of the biggest reasons for relationships going down hill is the lack of communication between the couple.
- Go out to dinner once a week or make a special dinner at home for the two of you.
- Watch a movie together and cuddle on the couch.
- Hug, kiss and hold hands frequently. Contact is important.
- Call each other often-even if you don’t have much to say, a quick hello and I love you will go a long way.
- Go out on dates by yourself. No kids!!
You can always rekindle the spark. Do not take each other for granted, be more loving, attentive on a daily basis and a little surprise romance never hurts either! Life is too short.