“Letting your worries go free seems easier said than done, but with these techniques you can learn to let go of your worries and live a happy stress-free life.”
In this day in age, we tend to have so many responsibilities that leach to us each day. We worry about work, our families, paying the bills, getting the mortgage out on time, and surprise obstacles that tend to find us even though we do not want them too.
How are we supposed to live a happy, healthy, productive life when we have so many worries and responsibilities daily? Is the concept, “stress-free lifestyle” a reality or just a joke?
You need to bring compassion and mindfulness directly to your worries with help you can get rid of the worrying. You need to go to the real cause. You need to go to your heart and meet the cause with kindness. Ask yourself, what is happening to me? Pay attention and be aware of what you are telling yourself and the feeling and sensations going on in your body. Mediation is a great way to become in contact with your inner self and the messages it is sending your mind, body, and heart.
Here is a great way to bring happiness into your lives and get rid of the worries in your daily lives.
1. Sit in a quit spot
2. Close your eyes
3. Breath slowly 20 times
4. Ask your worries, “What do you want from me?
5. Accept those worries that fill your soul
6. Face them, never run from them if you stay in denial it will only worsen.
The point of this is to acknowledge your worries and accept them. (This is the first step to healing.)
Next the Love Step
We all need to feel loved and understood. This is the essence of unconditional presence, the step that can heal and get rid your worries for good. Our worries play a large role in our life, but greater is the truth of our connective.
If you have been hurt by a love one you will know that other caring souls around you helping you can help you tremendously. During mediation think of these people and the support, they show you. You can learn to offer their help to yourself in your mind through mediation.
Start Mediating Each Day
Stay in connection with nature focus on the:
- The songs of the birds
- The trees
- The sky
- The flowers
- The smell of the flowers
The challenge in facing worries is to overcome the initial reflex to dislocate from the body and stop these worries. To combat this you need to pull away from the worries. You need to shift your attention away from the worries by fully connecting your feeling and sensations in the body. By leaning in and facing the worries instead of pulling away, you discover the compassionate presence that releases you from your worries.
What to do when you worry:
- Pause. When you realize you are worrying, the first step is to pause – to stop your physical activity- and to create space and create space for what is happening to you.
- Name it. If you can name the worry, you begin to free itself from its grip. After pausing, you can note what you are aware of: “anxiety,” “racing heart,” “obsessive worries.”
- Remember a larger truth. When you catch yourself worrying, you forget which is scared – love, beauty, joy, happiness and the beauty that surrounds us. To meet the worries, it helps to focus on what you are missing by wasting your time worrying. This will help you develop a sense of wholeness and peace.
- Think of a loved one. This helps bring a sense of beauty, inspiration, belonging, safety. This allows you to feel at home, uplifted, protected, and at ease.
- Breathe with the worries. As you breathe in allow yourself to feel the worries fully in your body. Without ant resistance, experience pressure, tightness, heat, or chilliness. As you breathe out feel a sense of release into space sense the love of life and wholeness of life.
- Offer compassion. As you breathe with worries, offer a sense of care to yourself. “I care about my suffering.” Extent your compassion to others also.
- Turn your attention somewhere else. If you feel like your worries are to hard to handle, seek someone else for trust for support and care.
As long as you are alive, you will always worry. It is apart of life, but do not ignore your worries or let it control you, face it, accept and get rid of it. Life has three components that is to live a happy, healthy and productive live. As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters.