The Most Important Skills
You Must Learn
In Order to Succeed In the Healthcare Industry
Create the Company You Need With The Tools And Techniques That Will Help You Master Your Goals and Exceed to Higher levels of Success
“Learn why healthcare companies need to enforce cost saving techniques and find out the dramatic impact it can make in a short period of time”
It’s time to make a change! It is time to implement a new plan and create the healthcare company you want by achieving and exceeding the goals you want to accomplish. The first thing you need to do is sit down and figure out what you want and what you need to accomplish this year in order to succeed and go beyond your company’s expectations.
I am going to teach you how you can establish a strong foundation in your workforce where co-workers will understand their managers and CEO’s expectations and goals and everyone will work together in a pleasant environment with a yearning to succeed and a passion to excel.
I am going to provide you with effective tools and techniques that will change that will implement a drastic change in the healthcare environment in which you work delivering positive results so your company reaches the level where they want to be. I strongly believe that your healthcare dreams can become a reality if everyone works on the same page and exercises their mind, strength and determination to the fullest.
As our country is working hard to survive in these hard economic times as society is spending less and costs continue to rise – in order to succeed we need to face reality from a financial perspective. You need to make cost saving a priority – to bring in enough of profits so you can supply a healthy and happy working environment for your employees, and provide phenomenal services and plans that will satisfy your clients. Mark my words, reputation, loyalty and trustare the key.
The first topic I would like to discuss with you is cost savings. Below are just a few effective cost saving techniques that will help your healthcare company save money, so those extra dollars can be used more efficiently.
- Manage the People Not the Environment– You need to stop and focus outside the big box for a moment. It is vital that you realize the importance of creating and managing a positive and friendly working environment that employees can do what they do best, each good employee has a special talent and energy that is beneficial to help the company on their voyage to success and that is where management should focus on. This is a different approach, which can be highly successful if implemented the right way. The goal is to achieve high levels of morale and to have employees feel eager to want to come to work and give 100 percent. Your first step to make this work is to create principles and standards, which you want your company to follow and exhibit while they are working within the company environment.
- Take Advantage of Technology - In this day of age, computer technology has taken over our world. Stamps what’s that…! You need to take advantage of today’s amazing tools of technology. An effective way to control rising healthcare costs is to make use of the tools technology has to offer by consulting doctors, patients, consumers, employers and employees using and creating programs that can administer and accomplish tasks inexpensively. The paper elucidates the role of technology in cutting healthcare costs.
- Use Computerized Voice Consultants - Using computerized voice programs to answer client’s questions about their accounts, costs, billing and other common questions they may have about their plan or healthcare account. This will help cut costs by using less operators and consultants. Callers will also be grateful because they will not have to wait 20 for a representative to help them.
- Superior financial, human resources and supply-chain management systems - Enhanced financial, human resources and supply-chain management systems can help healthcare providers for their administration to become more efficient. The savings that the company generates can be used to purchase new equipment, provide higher salaries to employees and improve patient care. Controlling administrative costs is one of the best ways to improve the quality of healthcare delivery. The public is well aware of the rising costs of healthcare prices, for this reason healthcare companies need to draw a line on costs or major problems will eventually arise. The proof is in the numbers:According to the latest figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of people without insurance coverage rose from 45.7 million in 2007 to 46.3 million in 2008. Despite that increase, the percentage of uninsured in the population remained unchanged in 2009 at 15.4 percent. Nevertheless, with growing unemployment we have in 2010, it is likely that things are going to get better unless we implement cost saving and try are hardest to lower health insurance costs.
- Fancy Offices or Not - Fancy offices “WOW” your clients eyes will pop and they look great especially when your high school buddy who you haven’t seen in years come to visit you, but Before you spend a lot of money on fancy offices, fixtures or high-tech technology, consider other, less expensive ways. Fixed expenses does not make you money! Fancy high-tech offices waste money. Look at it from this perspective, if it is not going to benefit the welfare of the company than there is no reason to buy it.
6. Reduce Cost Of Your Office Supplies-Make the purchasing manager go through the companies past invoices and highlight the office supplies that make up 80% of total dollars spent. You should focus on only the top 20 percent. The top 20 percent are the materials your company will need to have on hand. Then, contact three vendors and get prices on those items. Let the vendors know you are shopping for the best deal. Trust me they want your business especially in these economic times – everyone wants to make a profit. If they know what is good for them they will offer you a 10% to 15% discount on the retail price. Make sure you compare prices with online or mail-order companies. The prices on the internet and catalog usually vary from store prices.
7. Encourage Healthcare Patients To Use The Internet– Reinforce the benefits of using the internet. Have representatives explain the benefits to consumers if they ask their questions on the internet, have them explain how they can post their questions and concerns on custom service or contact us page. Explain the quick turn - around solution that the web site can provide them. Also, reinforce how they can find many answers to their solutions in the FAQ page. This cut downs waiting time on the phone so healthcare customers do not get frustrated and in the long run it will save the company plenty of money.
8. Hire Inside Professionals To Do The Job-If your healthcare company spends a lot of money on outside professional fees, considering hiring in-house professionals (accounts, lawyers etc…), which can cut your professional bills considerably.
9. Reduce Printing Costs-If your company uses outside resources to produce large print outs it will benefit you to shop around for the best price. Contact local printers, mail order printers or search online. You would be stunned to find out how much you can really save.
10. Who Is Spending What? - If bosses reviewed and approved expense statements, company purchases will not get out of hand. Honestly, I bet if you reviewed the statements, you would be stunned to see the dollars that are spent wastefully each year. I bet you that your staff is buying a ton of items at full retail from multiple vendors in each category rather than getting volume discounts by shopping through a selected supplier in each category. Most companies would not even imagine letting buyers purchase raw materials or strategic machinery from nine or ten different sources. So how come it OK to purchase from MRO suppliers, office suppliers travel agencies, maintenance providers, and so forth. Corporate Purchasing Cards are nice to have in your pants pocket, but they cost healthcare companies thousands and thousands of wasted dollars. It is like putting a bucket full of money in a garbage can and sending it on fire. Does that sound sensible? You need to put someone in chare to audit the companies purchase cards regularly to keep track of the company’s expenses. Make sure you know where the company's money is going.
11. Cut Utilities by Going Green- There are many of ways to cut utility costs and improve your corporation’s “green” reputation through energy conservation. Green is in and it would be foolish not to be a part of it. Here are some examples, one-way are motion sensors - They turn lights on and off in places like rest rooms, programmable thermostats, company directives to shut down computers at night, upgrades of fluorescent fixtures and more efficient light bulbs, selling used corrugated packaging and Styrofoam to recyclers. The list goes on and on... Society has become very environmentally conscious. People think very highly of companies that make an effort to help save the plant. People like to talk and it has been proven that word of mouth is the best marketing tool on the block. Once people start bragging about how environmentally concerned, their healthcare company is you bet your buns that it is going to pull in some new healthcare customers.
Remember the key to success is to portray your company as a loyal, trustworthy, people friendly healthcare corporation - making your clients and customers feel like they are number Uno. If you work hard to build an outstanding reputation then you will receive outstanding results. If you give off a positive attitude - you will receive positive results.
However if you give off negative impression you will unfortunately draw in a negative results. As a team you need to sit down with your co-workers and figure out what type of behavior and impressions are you exhibiting? Because sometimes we are not aware of the type of signals were letting off to others. Sometimes we may think everything is fine and dandy and others (the clients and healthcare consumers) may depict you as untrustworthy and unfriendly all because you may be giving off the wrong impressions (for example, the wrong body language, avoiding eye contact, the tone in your voice etc...) You get the drift.
Whatever the case, the power we receive within ourselves comes from the people around us. You need to work as a team with the same goals and intentions in mind. Success only comes to those you yearn for it. So let us combine our forces and become as one with the empowering motivation to succeed and go way beyond your company’s expectations. Remember, those who give in life always get back in life.