The Most Important Secrets
You Must Learn
To Get Rid Of Your Acne
In Order to Look and Feel Great
Do You Suffer From Acne?
“Learn How Vitamins And Herbals Can Clear Up Your Acne.”
Did You Know…?
Acne is an extremely common skin condition with a prevalence of 80% in female and 90% in male teenagers. It can occur at any age. A growing number of adults are being diagnosed with adult acne.
For most people, acne is a bothersome condition characterized by occasional flare-ups of blackheads, pimples, and pustules. Most often, pimples develop on the face, neck, upper chest, and/or the back. More severe forms can result in inflamed nodules and cysts with scarring.
Hormones called androgens stimulate increased oil production. The oil is broken down into free fatty acids by bacterial enzymes, which causes skin inflammation and abnormal plugging of the oil glands and hair follicle. Pimples eventually rupture.
What can make acne worse?
· Menstrual cycle--acne often worsens premenstrual or mid-cycle Prescription medications, such as certain birth control pills, steroids, and lithium.
· Being overweight--increased insulin production can signal the body to release extra male hormones, called androgens, which are involved in pimple formation.
· Pore-clogging cosmetics, sunscreens, moisturizers, greases, and oils
· Poor diet--Excessive sugar, Trans fats, fried, salt, and processed foods. Insufficient intake of water, healthy oils, fruit and vegetables, and fiber cause acne.
· Excessive intake of foods -- chocolate, caffeine, carbonated beverages, milk products, and seafood and other iodine-rich foods.
· Certain medical conditions: tumors in the adrenal glands, polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular menstrual periods, and other health conditions can cause acne.
What can you do to treat acne?
Conventional treatments for acne are usually quite successful. They can include cleansing agents and lotions made with benzoyl peroxide, gels or creams made modified forms of vitamin A, and antibiotics applied to the skin or taken orally. The risk of scarring is an important factor when considering the type of treatment.
How can you diet affect your acne condition?
A diet based on whole, unprocessed foods may benefit people with acne. Try to eat at least five servings of vegetables per day and at least one serving of fruit per day. Avoid eating refined sugar. Fried foods and Tran’s fats such as milk, milk products, margarine, shortening, and other hydrogenated vegetable oils should be eliminated. Foods containing healthy omega-3 oils such as ground flaxseeds and sardines should be increased. Some people find that chocolate, caffeine, carbonated beverages, iodized salt, shellfish, wheat and/or milk products aggravate acne.
Regular bowel movements are important. Drink at least eight glasses of day of water. Increase fiber intake. In addition to eating fresh vegetables and fruit, choose whole grains. Some people may benefit from a one- to four-week liver detox diet based on fresh vegetables and fruit.
What vitamins & nutritional supplements help prevent and get clear up acne?
· Zincespecially in the form of zinc gluconate or zinc sulfate can help prevent acne. Zinc helps heal blemishes, reduces inflammation, and reduces androgenic hormonal effects on the skin. Begin by increasing food sources of zinc. Two studies comparing zinc to the antibiotic tetracycline found zinc to be as effective as tetracycline. Another study found a mild yet definite effect of zinc.
· Vitamin B6may help premenstrual or mid-cycle acne. This vitamin is essential for the proper metabolism of steroid hormones and can reduce the sensitivity of skin to the effects of testosterone.
· Herbs -an herbal blend that can help with acne consists of equal parts of the herbal extracts of sarsaparilla, yellow dock, burdock, and cleavers. These herbs are potent blood and lymph cleansers. Half a teaspoon per day of this blend can be taken three times per day combined with a healthy diet.
· Tea tree oil applied to acne lesions may help to eliminate bacteria and reduce inflammation.
What type of extracurricular activity can help my acne condition?
- Massage usually is beneficial for people with skin problems. It can help to increase circulation and lymphatic drainage and speed the healing of blemishes.
- breathing techniques
Remember, before you run to grab an over the counter or prescription medicine from your doctor try using herbals and vitamins to clear your acne. It is better for body and it has the same effect. The less impurities you put into your body the better your body will function overall.