The Most Important Secrets
You Must Learn
In Order to Look and Feel Great
Don’t Let Tooth Decay Ruin Your Smile
“Learn How to Prevent Tooth Decay”
Did You Know…?
A person develops tooth decay when foods containing sugars and starches known as carbohydrates are left on the teeth. Some examples of specific types of food that can cause cavities if left on your teeth are the following:
A bacterium that lives in the mouth absorbs these foods, turning them into acids. The bacteria, acid, food wastes, and saliva merge together to form plaque, which clings to the teeth. The acids in plaque melt away the enamel surface of the teeth, creating holes in the teeth. These ugly holes are known as cavities.
What can you do to prevent cavities?
Here are eight helpful tips so you do not have to end up with a mouth full of unwanted cavities.
1. Brush, Brush, Brush Your Teeth - Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If you want to do it the right way in order to avoid cavities from occurring then you, need to brush after each meal, especially before going to bed.
- Floss - Floss your teeth daily with dental floss.
- Daily Diet - Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals
- Stay Away from the Bad Foods - As I mentioned before, avoid carbohydrates such as candy, pretzels and chips, which can stay on the surface of your tooth and cause tooth decay.
- If The Food Is Sticky Than Stick To Brushing - If you eat foods that are sticky make sure you brush your teeth shortly afterwards
- Dental Sealants - Ask your dentist about dental sealants. Sealants are a plastic protective coating put on the chewing surfaces of your back teeth to protect them from tooth decay.
- Drink fluoridated water - Children need to drink at least a pint of fluoridated water each day. Fluoridated water is necessary to protect children from tooth decay.
- Dental Visits - Make sure you visit your dentist on a regular basis for cleanings and oral exams.
The dental community is consistently working on new ways to prevent tooth decay. Until they find the magic solution to stop tooth decay permanently your best bet is to follow the rules above make sure you schedule frequent visits to the dentists for check-ups and cleanings.