The Most Important Secrets
You Must Learn
In Order to Keep Your Horse Healthy & Happy
Learning to Love Your Horse the Right Way
“Learn Why Exercise Is Vital to Your Horse’s Health”
Did You Know…?
Having a close relationship with your horse is vital for the horse’s health. It may sound silly and you may not think your companionship plays a big role in your dog’s health, but in actuality, it does indeed! If you take good care of your horse, you can develop a long lasting bond with your horse, which leads to excellent horse health, close companionship and a happy horse that will live a long life.
Treat Your Horse like He’s Family
Most horse owners treat their horses as a part of their family, feeding them well, including exercise into lifestyle, keeping him well groomed and showering them with lots of love and attention. Whether you have horses for show, racing or recreation having horses is a wonderful experience because they are beautiful loving animals. Having a horse is a rewarding experience for the owners and the ones who are in charge of caring for them.
Caring For Your Horse – The Right Way
The amount of horse care and maintenance required for horse will depend on the type of breed. Horses are strong and loving animals with an easygoing personality, but horses just like any animal need certain things in order to keep them happy and healthy. Below are important things you need to include in your horse’s life if you plan to have a happy and health horse.
· Horses are large animals that require constant care and upkeep
· Horses are very sociable animals that need love and lots of attention
· You’ll need you to visit them daily and care for them just like you would care for one of your family members
· Horses need daily activities to keep them from becoming bored
· You must provide horses with a nice size room in the stall for them to live and sleep in
· Horses must have a large area to exercise (run, pace, socialize) that will have to be cleaned frequently
· You must provide a healthy horse Diet
· You must provide the horse with lots of water daily
· Horses require certain vaccinations yearly
· Routine horse check-ups
· Routine worming
· Dental care
· Foot care (hoof maintenance)
· Training (obedience)
If horses do not get the attention they need you may notice them trying to act out. For example, they may try to break out of the stall to roam nearby fields to find things to do. You may also begin to notice their behavior beginning to change. They may out and start to do things that you trained them not to do just because they are trying to capture your attention.
If you plan to get horses make, sure you are ready because just like any pet it is a huge commitment. It also costs a lot of money, especially if the horse gets sick and needs medical attention from a veterinarian.
A Healthy Horse Needs Plenty of Exercise
Horses love to have fun just like you and me. There are plenty exercises you can do with your horse to keep them happy and in optimum health. Exercising should not, and does not need to be all day long. Horses should rest too. Another important factor to remember is horses can get bored very quickly believe it or not, so it is important to create different types of work or exercise for horses. You need try to change of similar activities or work frequently so the horses remain interested all the time.
What Are Some Good Exercises to Health Your Horse Maintain Its Health and Strength
- Riding in circles/Bending exercises: using circles in a figure 8 movement. You should perform these circle eight movements on both reins (left and right) to maintain even suppleness and balance on both reins.
- Lateral work: Lateral work is similar to gymnastics. Horses are at first trained a range of exercises from the ground. Once accomplished, you will notice the horses will it improve and maintain flexibility, obedience, and strength of the hind limbs.
- Pacing: The purpose of pacing is to improve the horses pace. Focus on training your horse to increase or decrease their speed in a mannerly fashion. An example is walking to trotting.
- Maintaining control/Training techniques for discipline: dressage, jumping, and endurance riding are techniques for discipline. The purpose of the dressage technique is to focus on improving pacing and lateral work. The purpose of endurance riding, is to focus on improving the horses stamina.
You can have horse exercising sessions anywhere as long as you have enough of space for the horse to roam free. Make sure the area is safe, so the horse does not get hurt. Also, make sure the horses exercise in an area where the horses cannot escape.
Horse exercises works well when it executed in an area where the horse can concentrate. Area’s that work well are:
- An indoor arena
- An outdoor arena
- A specific area in a field or farm
It is Not Just the Horse Who Benefits from the Horse Exercises the Riders Do Too
Horse exercises are beneficial to the rider of the horse as well as the horse because it encourages the rider to develop a balanced and secure position on the horse. The riders riding skill will improve traumatically over a short period. The rider’s goal is to develop good "contact” with your horse. "Contact" is the feeling of togetherness through your hands to the horse's mouth and through your upper body to the horses back. Your level of "contact” is determined by how well your horse has been trained and how much the horse has retained. A well-trained horse will have the ability to work through the back and hindquarters. You will know when you have established a good "contact" when you feel the reins soften as your horse arches it's neck in front of you and rises it's back under you, you will also notice that your horse will use its hindquarters to thrust itself forward, rather than pulling onward from the forehand. Once you have developed a good "contact" with your horse you will be able to work together “you and your horse” to improve your horses health and increasing your horses level of happiness by creating a tight bond with your horse. A happy horse will always be a healthy horse.