Trying to squeeze 36 hours into a 24 hour day? Need some help? Perhaps you should hire a concierge. Below is a list of 52 ways you can use a concierge. Since the real list of what a concierge can do for you is endless, this list is merely here to get you started.
One of the questions I get asked by the media is what does a concierge do? The quick answer is that a concierge will do anything in the yellow pages as long as it's legal, moral and ethical.
Everyone single one of us tries to squeeze 36 hours into a 24 hour day, and when you do that you inevitably don't do it very well. You get stressed...
Which leads to tired...
Which leads to not eating healthy because you're craving "comfort" food...
Which leads to sickness.
A concierge is here to do the things that you have to, leaving you the time to do the things that you want to like spending more time with family and friends, putting more time in at the office, or relaxing with a good book!
That being said, below is a list of 52 ways you can use a concierge. Since the real list of what a concierge can do for you is endless, the list below is merely here to get you started.
1. Obtaining tickets to concerts, special events and sporting events
2. Transportation Services - train, plane or automobiles... concierge can get it!
3. Travel and Vacation Planning
4. Business Referral Service - need a landscaper or a plumber?
5. Restaurant Recommendations and/or Reservations
6. Pet services
7. Internet Research - need research done and you don't have the time to do it?
8. Personalized shopping and delivery
9. Running to the post office
10. Dry cleaning pick-up and/or delivery
11. Grocery shopping
12. Running to the hardware store
13. Senior care
14. Modified house sitting - need someone to wait for the service technician while you're at work?
15. Picking up or returning a gift
16. Meal Delivery
17. Home Inventory - video the contents of your home and keep it in your safe deposit box
18. Bill paying
19. Auto Maintenance
20. Home Organization
21. Notary Services - many concierge area a traveling notary and can actually come to you.
22. House Cleaning Services
23. Courier/Delivery Services
24. Delivering lunch to nurses and doctors at the hospital
25. Delivering a Meal - breakfast, lunch or dinner
26. Prescription Pick-up and delivery
27. Repair and Service Calls
28. Returning a library book or a video
29. Sick Care - sick in bed? Call a concierge and they'll do your errands, arrange for dinner to be delivered and can be on hand to help your family out
30. New Mommy Services
31. Meeting and Event Planning; private parties
32. Personal Chef Services
33. Single Parent Helper
34. Employee Relocation Services
35. Gift baskets and Flower Delivery
36. Landscaping Services
37. Special Day Reminder Service
38. Charter a Private Jet, Yachts or Helicopter
39. Hire a concierge to assist you at your event, wedding or conference - also called "event concierge" and "wedding concierge"
40. Need Security? They'll hire a security company to assist you.
41. Day Spa Services
42. Fashion and/or Stylist Consultant
43. Nanny Services
44. Estate Planning
45. Arrange for your Tee Time at the golf club
46. Book your appointments for you
47. Hire a Butler
48. New to the area? A concierge will give you a tour of the town
49. Catering Services
50. Get Away Weekends
51. Office help
52. Moving assistance - let your concierge unpack those boxes and put it all away!! All you'll need to unpack is your toothbrush.
If you are looking to hire a concierge, then I suggest you visit www.ICLMA.org and check out our international concierge directory.
For people who are looking to be a concierge, please visit www.triangleconcierge.com
Until next time!
copyright © 2010 by Katharine C. Giovanni
About the Author: Katharine Giovanni is an international Concierge Training Expert, Award Winning Author and consultant, Certified Concierge Specialist (CCS) and Speaker. She is the Founder and Chairman of the Board of ICLMA - The International Concierge and Lifestyle Management Association as well as President and co-founder of Triangle Concierge, Inc. Katharine can be reached via her website at http://www.triangleconcierge.com