I attended the Ozarks Writers' Conference in Hollister, Mo, last week.
Here are five reasons to attend a writers' conference near you (or far away so you get to travel!)
1. You will hear some old advice provided in new ways.
2. You will learn some new advice.
3. You will network with new people.
4. You will laugh a lot.
5. Meeting and critiquing with other authors can give you a new perception of your work.
6. The history of the area can provide new inspiration.
7. Everybody struggles and has doubts. You are not alone!
8. You will meet eccentric characters to use (with pseudonyms) in your writing.
9. People are eager to talk about what's old, what's new, what works, and what doesn't.
10. You devote quality time to your writing for three days, with nothing to worry about except your writing.
GO FOR IT!