Islam - A Simple Religion
edited: Friday, June 26, 2009
By Mohammed Iqbal Advany
Not "rated" by the Author.
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007
Become a Fan
With all the bad publicity against Islam, someone needs to tell about the religion.
The person following the religion of Islam is called a Muslim. A Muslim declares that there is no one worthy of worship except God and Muhammad is His messenger
The religion has seven beliefs and five duties.
The Muslims believe in:
1) God. In Arabic language is appropriately called Al-lah (Al = the, (I) lah = the one to be worshipped). Even the Arab Christians call Him Al-lah and Jesus called Him Alaha in Aramaic. Jesus did not speak English so he did not call Him God either.
2) Godís Messengers. The Muslims believe that Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus, Muhammad, etc. were all messenger of God. The Muslims are required to say peace be upon him after every messenger's or prophetís name. For instance, the Muslims would say Jesus Peace Be Upon him, instead of just Jesus.
3) Godís Angels. This includes archangels such as Gabriel, Michael, etc.
4) Godís Books. This includes Torah of Moses, Psalms of David, Scrolls of Abraham, Gospel of Jesus, Quran of Muhammad, etc.
5) Every one will be resurrected after death.
6) Every one will be judged on the Day of Judgment.
7) All the good and the bad are caused by God. For instance, the flood may 'destroy', but it actually makes the land more fertile.
The Muslimsí duties are:
1) Shahadah: Declare that there is no one worthy of worship, except God, and Muhammad is His messenger.
2) Salah: Perform worship 5 times every day. The timings for worship are:
i) After dawn, but before sunrise
ii) Few minute after mid day
iii) When the shadow of objects is double in size.
iv) Right after sunset.
v) After end of dusk.
3) Saum: Fast every day during the month of Ramadan
4) Zakat: Pay poor dues. It is 2.5% of all the assets (minus certain deductions).
5) Hajj: Pilgrimage to Makkah once in their life time.
Islam is as simple as that!