Baby book scrapbooking is not only fun, but can be extremely easy. It is also a great way to contain memories of your baby in a safe and organized manner. With some simple creativity, you can have a book that will last a lifetime and can be enjoyed by everyone. There are a few basic steps in creating the ideal baby scrapbook.
1. You will want to begin with a selection of your favorite photos. The pictures are the essence of the book. Therefore, be sure to pick your favorite pictures from your collection. One way to begin your scrapbooking adventure is to work chronologically. You can start with pictures from your pregnancy. From there, you can add photos from the different stages in your baby’s life.
2. The opening page can simply be a short introduction which includes information such as the baby’s name, date of birth, as well as the place of his birth.
3. When creating the pages of your pregnancy, try to accurately capture your feelings and thoughts while you were pregnant. You will want to journal about all of the excitement and anticipation you were feeling while awaiting for the baby to arrive. Be sure to include any apprehensions or other compelling tidbits that you feel should be included in the beginning of the book. You can also include a variety of different pictures of your growing tummy.
4. You will also want to dedicate a page to your baby shower. Here, you will to include pictures from the shower. If you were lucky enough to have several showers, then you will want to create multiple entries. Be sure to include a list of gifts you received, so that you will always remember who gave you each and every special gift. You may also want to consider making a pocket for keeping cards and well wishes.
5. Next, you will want to design a page about your first day home with the baby. Be sure to include any hospital photos you may have, as well as photos of you and the baby arriving home. It is a good idea to journal the baby’s length, weight and time of birth. When your child is older, he will love looking back on this information. Also, you will want to keep all of the hospital bracelets as keepsake items.
6. You will also want to set aside a few pages dedicated solely to journaling. This will give you the opportunity to record all of your emotions and feelings throughout the entire experience. This will help you to remember these feelings and thoughts in years to come. This will also give you the opportunity to cherish the simple moments that made the experience so rewarding and exciting.