A-Rod’s wife, Cynthia Rodriguez, is rumored to have gone on a $100,000 shopping spree in Paris to get revenge on A-Rod (Alex Rodriguez) for his affair of the heart with Madonna.
Christie Brinkley is accused of getting revenge on Peter Cook by exposing his affair with a teenager, and his $3600 a month porn habit in a public trial.
This is just a sample of what some women to get revenge on their cheating husbands.
The Natural Urge for Revenge
There’s nothing unusual about a betrayed women wanting to get revenge. When the shock and disbelief of being cheated on wears off, the hurt and the anger that follow, are accompanied by a desire for revenge. Below are some of the things female infidelity victims commonly do to get revenge.
Common Ways Betrayed Wives Get Revenge
- sell, give away, or simply destroy the cheating husband’s prized possessions - car, boat, golf clubs, power tools, and the like.
- go on a shopping spree (like Cynthia Rodriguez, A-Rod’s wife) and run up major debts, or stick her cheating husband with exorbitant credit card bills.
divorce her cheating husband and take the house, car, and the lion’s share of the marital assets.
- gain custody of the children and severely limit the cheating husband’s visitation rights.
- embarrass her cheating husband before family, friends or business associates by exposing his secrets – like Christie Brinkley is accused of doing to Peter Cook in their public divorce trial.
- use her intimate knowledge of her husband’s secrets to leverage more favorable terms regarding alimony, visitation rights, or division of marital assets jointly owned.
- post the cheater’s name, photo, and identifying information on websites like WomanSavers or DontDateHimGirl.com to warn other women away.
- tell the Other Woman’s husband or boyfriend , if she has one, about the affair -- or tell the Other Woman’s family, boss, or religious organization.
- engage in revenge cheating by having a retaliatory affair.
Creative Ways Women Get Revenge
Some betrayed wives put a lot of energy and effort into choosing a form of revenge that will greatly inconvenience their cheating husband or cause him extreme mental distress. Women can be incredibly creative when it comes to getting revenge. Here are some of the more creative things they have done. While some tactics are petty, others are pretty extreme.
- Putting a billboard in a prominent place telling the whole town about his affair.
- hiding a dead fish inside the door panel of a cheating husband’s car
- cutting one cut off one arm from each of the cheating husband’s business suits
- spreading rumors that the cheater has a sexually transmitted disease.
- anonymously phoning in false reports that the cheater has drugs or firearms in his possession or hidden somewhere in his car.
Warnings about Getting Revenge
Betrayed wives seeking revenge would do well to keep the following warnings in mind:
- Revenge cheating often has the opposite effect. The cheater may use your retaliatory affair as an excuse to continue cheating on you,
- In many cases retaliatory affairs can lead to domestic violence or worse.
- It’s never advisable to break the law to get revenge on a cheating mate. Violent, destructive, or illegal forms of revenge can land you in jail.
- Some forms of revenge will destroy what’s left of your marriage -- an important consideration, if you plan to stay with the cheater, or reconcile with him at a later date.
- Getting revenge on a cheating husband who has violent or aggressive tendencies can be a dangerous game. You could end up in the hospital – or even worse – the grave.
FREE Tip Sheets on How to Legally Get Revenge, or Gain the Upper Hand
Wives with cheating husbands can gain the upper hand without resorting to revenge. There are more than a dozen suggestions in the tip sheet entitled How Wives with Cheating Husbands Can Gain the Upper Hand. To get a free copy, e-mail InfidelityAdvice.gmail.com with Upper Hand-ad in the subject line.
If you’re a betrayed wife determined to get revenge on your cheating husband, there are ways you can do it without running afoul of the law. For a free tip sheet on How to Legally or Financially Get Revenge on a Cheating Spouse, e-mail InfidelityInfo.gmail.com with “Revenge Tip Sheet - ad” in the subject line.
About Ruth Houston:
Infidelity expert Ruth Houston is the founder of www.InfidelityAdvice.com and the author of Is He Cheating on You? - 829 Telltale Signs, which lists practically every known sign of infidelity, including the subtle signs women usually overlook.
Frequently called on by the media to comment on infidelity issues in the news, Ruth has been quoted in USA Today, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, the New York Daily News, Cosmopolitan, the New York Post, the Chicago Tribune, the Houston Chronicle, the Toronto Sun, Maclean's, iVillage, MSN Lifestyle, FoxNews.com, ABCNews.com, msnbc.com, Reuters, AP, UPI, Hollywood Heat, Entertainment Online and numerous other print and online media.
Ruth has been a guest on The Today Show, CNN, Fox & Friends, Court TV Radio, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, NBC News, BBC, CBC, WCBS, ABC News, Fox News, 1010WINS and over 440 other radio and TV talk shows in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean.