stick with the basics for best results regarding Bone health
Pepino melon strengthens your bones
• Pepino melon is loaded with vitamin K, which helps your bones stay strong.
Spring’s first veggies
• One cup of spicy watercress provides 100% of the daily value of vitamin K – a nutrient that inhibits the breakdown of bone and promotes the formation of new bone tissue.
Your daily vitamins and minerals
• You can find vitamin K in kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
Get your fill of special K
• The USDA recommends at least 120 micrograms of vitamin K per day for men, 90 micrograms for women, and 60 micrograms for children.
Calcium, Vitamin D, and your health
• Calcium is very important because it combines phosphorus to form bones and teeth.
• About 99% of the calcium in the body is in the bones and teeth.
Former fat guy
• Almonds have a good source of protein, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, iron, and vitamin E, making it a crucial superfood for bones.
Don’t be swayed into taking Boron for your bones
• Skip boron-laced supplements and instead have at least five servings of fruits and veggies a day along with legumes and an ounce or two of nuts – this will provide up to 3 mg of Boron daily.
• Aged garlic extract helps keep bones and arteries in good shape.
• Electromagnetic radiation from cell phones may sap bone strength.
Maintain healthy bones with mustard
• Adding more turmeric – a spice known for giving mustard its yellow color – can help you avoid bone loss.
Cook, eat, enjoy
• Mushrooms exposed to UV-light as they grow contain higher levels of bone-building vitamin D.
Natural bone & joint health
• Studies show that individuals who obtain their calcium mainly from food have healthier bones than those who rely on calcium supplements to meet their needs.
Get your potassium power
• Potassium can protect against age-associated bone loss.
World’s best health
• Cabbage strengthens your bones with one cup!
• One cup of cabbage delivers 68 mcg. of vitamin K
Strengthen your bones with swiss chard
• A cup of swiss chard has three times the RDA for vitamin K.
• Beer helps build bones! A daily glass can help because it is a rich source of silicon, a mineral needed for bone health.
Flaxseed oil strengthens bones
• Numerous studies show that flaxseed oil benefits bone mineral density and reduces the risk of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
Want stronger bones
• Magnesium prevents bone thinning
• Potassium neutralizes acids
Are you at risk for broken bones?
• Get denser bones by trotting upstairs
• Make bones 25% stronger with mushrooms
Live 26 years longer!
• Strengthen bones by eating pineapple – one of the richest sources of magnesium.
Avoid the surprising weak-bone risk
• Maximize manganese with pine nuts – helps keep calcium firmly stuck to the framework inside your bones.
Build your bones
• Folks who ate one gram of powdered onion each day had 15% thicker bones after four weeks.
Am I getting enough calcium?
• For bone health, people in their 40s should get 1,000 mg of calcium a day. For people in their 50s and older, they should get 1,200 mg of calcium daily.
Strong bones for life
• The mineral strontium increases bone density by 14%, cutting your risk of bone fractures 50%.
• You can build new bone by adding 2 to 3 tbs. of extra-virgin olive oil to your daily diet.
• Corn is packed with inositol hexaphosphate, a nutrient that blocks bone thinning.