Blogs by Brandy Mychals
14-Day Blogging Challenge with PRIZES!!
11/27/2010 9:41:08 PM
[ Flag as Inappropriate ]
Blogging is a great way to build an online presence and use the power of social media to generate new business. You share content and this also helps to show you are the authority or expert in your field. Sharing some personal information also shows you are human and a great way for people to get to know you! I have received several speaking engagement from people who read my blog and contacted me and then the speaking engagments generated new coaching clients!
If you already have a blog, this will be super easy - just check out the instructions and post a link to your blog.
If you don't have a blog, this is a GREAT way to get STARTED!
I would love to have the Authors Den community particpate. I'm promoting this in a variety of communities so we all get exposed to NEW people and they get exposed to us...I think this is a great way generate momentum into December before breaking for the Holidays!
I'll post the instructions below, or you can read them at: http://brandymychals.com/14-day-blogging-challenge/ or www.facebook.com/splitsecondperceptions on the Notes tab
Instructions and Prizes:
The 14-Day Blog Challenge consists of writing at least one blog post per day for 14 days. It will run from December 1 – December 14.
In order to participate you need:
-A blog (recommend WordPress, but any type of blog will do)
-A desire to build your traffic, content and confidence by writing 14 blog posts
-A blog that is educational and content based. You can include a link or refer back to your work, however it should NOT read as just an advertisement.
Here are the guidelines for the Blog Challenge:
1. You must post to your blog daily. You can post more often if you like, but you must have 14 posts in 14 days to qualify. (Note that you can join after Dec. 1 – just start from where you are.) You will still benefit if you don’t complete each day, however you must do it each day to be eligible for PRIZES!
2. You must “like” each person’s link in the blogging contest and “like” the Split Second Perceptions FB page (This allow you to post)
3. You must then post a link to your blog on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/splitsecondperceptions This will be the “home page” to see everyone participating in the contest
4. Each blog post should be at least 150 written words. You can use audio or video, but they will not count as a blog post unless accompanied by the words.
5. All blog posts must be made to the same blog.
6. Please tweet each blog post to .BrandyMychals – with your post title, URL and the suffix #14blog so that others will know you have posted to your blog each day and can promote your blog. Please retweet during the contest. You can go to Twitter and search #14blog to find participants blogs and comment or retweet
7. You are highly encouraged to read other participants’ blogs – and add comments to their posts. Please post on Split Second Perceptiond FB page that you “commented” and leave your detailed comment on the individuals actual blog site
8. Your blog must be “family friendly.” Please stick to business and personal topics for this content and avoid inflammatory topics, religion and politics. However, strong opinions are welcome and a little controversy won’t hurt. Use your judgment.
9. Your name must be on your blog (somewhere) so that we can easily identify it as yours.
10. You will NOT be added to any lists by participating in this contest. The only way to get on someone’s list is if you visit their site, like what you see and opt-in. Everyone participating agrees to follow this rule!
11. Questions? Visit the rules at www.brandymychals.com/14-day-blogging-challenge or the rules page at www.facebook.com/splitsecondperceptions or email Brandy.splitsecondperceptions.com
12. Winners will be selected by host, Brandy Mychals based on eligibility (posting each day, "liking" other participants pages). When there is a tie, twitter participation will be consider and commenting on other participants blogs will be considered. Prizes include:
*Grand Prize: 2 tickets to the live event: Sassy & Sexy Speaker’s Symposium, January 22-23 in Pleasant Hill, CA with Brandy Mychals of Split Second Perceptions at www.splitsecondperceptions.com/6charactercodes/ ($895 value)
*Additional Prizes: 30 minute Social Media Assessment (via phone) with Social Media Guru, Gail Nott of Nott Ltd. Social Media at http://gailnott.com/ ($125 value)
*Additional Prizes: 30 minute personal Nutrition Consult (via phone) with fitness expert, Anna Dornier of Transform FX Fitness at http://transformfxfitness.com/ ($95 value)
Post a Comment
More Blogs by Brandy Mychals
14-Day Blogging Challenge with PRIZES!! - Saturday, November 27, 2010