Blogs by Pam Uher
2/24/2008 12:35:08 AM
[ Flag as Inappropriate ]
Tasks of Adolescence
How many parents...grandparents...teachers...coaches and other adults really understand the Tasks Teens have to accomplish before they can be a "real" adult!?
80% of America's kids are "At-Risk"! Yours, mine and everyones.
Here is a list if the TOP 10 Tasks of Adolescence:
1. Physical Maturation
2. Sexual Maturation...hormones, their raging and roaring patterns and cycles must be accepted and balanced with reason--- we hope.
3. Forming Reltionships that have promises and commitments attached, while exploring through these lines of personal experience the purpose in life. Some ego formation going on.
4. Separation and autonomy must occur, and this is very hard for kids as wellas parents
5. Growing out of total egocentrism, learning they are NOT the only person in the world of worth or importance. Hopefully accomplishing a balance between self-importance and selfless devotion to causes and passions.
6. Establishing their own system and set of values.
7. Development of the ability to have healthy intimate relationships...discerning lust from love and hate from disagreement.
8. Begin a vocational path and career orientation of goals and accomplishments.
9. Development of a bigger vision of life than their bedroom. Personal growth in the larger commumnity be it faith, sports, hobbies, social clubs....
10. Gender Identification and acceptance of who they really are and not buying into a false image created by TV or Madison Avenue of who they should be.
WOW! Do you remember these years...no wonder we were so tried at times!!!!
Post a Comment
More Blogs by Pam Uher
American Kids - Sunday, February 24, 2008