Blogs by Ginger Laroy Fernandez
12/25/2009 5:37:01 AM
Paper maâché bracelet directions...
Use can use a combination of cardboard and newspaper to create to make this paper-maâché article.
1. Cut a strip of cardboard, between 1 and 2 inches in width
2. Make paste by mixing flour and water together into a thick but fluid consistency.
3. Now dip the cardboard into water to soften it enough so that it is bendable and will not crack during handling.
4. Loop it around twice, in the size of a bracelet you want.
5. You can hold it together with a paper clip as you dip it into paste.
6. Cut the newspaper into strips about 1 inch in width.
7. Working with one strip at a time, dip it first into water, next into the paste and then wrap it around the cardboard bracelet form.
8. Depending on how thick a bracelet is wanted, use from three to five perhaps six layers of paper in total.
9. When you have finished doing this, smooth more paste all over the whole bracelet.
10. Dry the object by letting it stand for about twenty-four hours or by baking it in a low oven for a couple of hours.
11. When the bracelet is dry you can decorate it with poster or temper paints both will be just fine.
More Blogs by Ginger Laroy Fernandez
PAPER-MÂCHÉ - Friday, December 25, 2009
Assume! - Friday, December 25, 2009
Overindulgence Remedy… - Friday, December 25, 2009