Blogs by Cheryl Carpinello
10 Facts About My First NaNoWriMo
12/1/2010 8:09:09 PM
It's December 1st, and November and my first NaNoWriMo are behind me. Definitely an enlightening experience and more.
Having been asked not too long ago what my passion in life was, I would now have to say that Learning is my passion. The facts listed below illustrate a large part of my learning over the last 6 years and the last 30 days!
1. I finished with 21,599 words.
2. I was short 28,401 words.
3. My initial outline for Tutankhamen was 4,000 words.
4. Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend ended up being around 28,000 words.
5. Young Knights of the Round Table: The King's Ransom is currently at 23,400 words and at the editor.
6. Guinevere took 5 years to write, edit, and publish.
7. Young Knights has taken 2 years to write, rewrite, and now edit.
8. Tutankhamen-An Autobiography took 8 months to research and outline, and 30 days to write the first draft!
9. My fundraising goal for Young Writers was $250; I raised $255.
10. I didn't make the 50,000 words, but I still came out a winner and richer for the experience.
Thank you all for your support.
And to my writing buddy, Alice. Let me know how you finished NaNoWriMo.
Post a Comment new!
More Blogs by Cheryl Carpinello
Tutankhamen Speaks - Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Meet MG Author Hamilton C. Burger - Sunday, June 30, 2013
Meet Middle Grade Author Beth Overmyer - Wednesday, April 03, 2013
WOI 2013 Virtual Tour - Sunday, January 06, 2013
See what the Elves are doing in Montana. - Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Meet children's author Fiona Ingram - Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Meet Childrens/MG/YA author Katie Carroll - Thursday, October 11, 2012
Virtual Tour of Wales - Friday, August 03, 2012
The Secret of the Sacred Scarab by Fiona Ingram - Monday, June 20, 2011
Review of The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan - Monday, June 20, 2011
Review of Tyler Tichelaar's King Arthur's Children - Sunday, January 23, 2011
10 Facts About My First NaNoWriMo - Wednesday, December 01, 2010
My NaNoWriMo - Thursday, November 18, 2010
Join me in Celebrating Young Writers - Sunday, October 24, 2010
Review of Sent by Margaret Peterson Haddix - Sunday, September 05, 2010
Review of Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine, & a Miracle - Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Review of 14 Cows for America - Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Review of Rick Riordan's The Red Pyramid - Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Review of "Duck! Rabbit!" - Wednesday, June 30, 2010
A Review of "The Magician's Elephant" - Friday, June 18, 2010
2011 nominees - Friday, May 28, 2010
Review of The Chronicles of Prydain - Tuesday, February 16, 2010
The Lightning Thief Movie - Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Book Review of Welsh YA Novel - Tuesday, January 26, 2010
2010 Brings Adventures for Readers and Myself - Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Info: Kids Reading/Writing - Friday, December 11, 2009
New Books by Flanagan, Delaney, and Haddix for Xmas - Monday, November 23, 2009
Great Books for Reluctant Readers - Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Book Fairs/Author Visits/Book Stores - Tuesday, October 06, 2009