Blogs by Lou Belcher
Getting going with twitter
6/4/2010 9:42:22 AM
Before you start to follow others, set up a nice looking Twitter page and put out three or four interesting tweets. Then you will be ready to set out to find people to follow.
You'll have to hope these people follow you back, because there is no button to push to choose the people you want to follow you. So your goal is to build a good group of people to follow and interest them in following you back.
1. Others will make the decision whether to follow you. Followers will come to you naturally if you offer something of interest to others.
2. Initially, find people to follow who interest you. Every time you follow someone on Twitter, they will have an opportunity to follow you back. They will receive a memo that you have followed them. They will have the choice to visit your Twitter site to see what you're all about. If they find something interesting, they will follow you back.
3. If you click on Find People feature in the menu bar and you'll see three different ways to add people to follow.
4. On #followFriday, the day people on Twitter suggest others to follow, you can see who those you follow are suggesting.
5. You can search for people by topic on tweepsearch.com and follow them. Or you can follow people that your favorite Twitter sites are following that are of interest to you.
One key to keep followers or to interest others in following you is to write interesting and valuable tweets. Offer folks something that will make them want to come back for more.
Post a Comment new!
More Blogs by Lou Belcher
Getting going with twitter - Friday, June 04, 2010
Types of Tweets on Twitter - Saturday, April 24, 2010
After you sign up for Twitter... - Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Use the Internet to Network With Others - Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Getting Started: Twitter - Wednesday, March 24, 2010