AuthorsDen.com   Join Free! | Login    
   Popular! Books, Stories, Articles, Poetry
Where Authors and Readers come together!

SIGNED BOOKS    AUTHORS    eBOOKS new!     BOOKS    STORIES    ARTICLES    POETRY    BLOGS    NEWS    EVENTS    VIDEOS    GOLD    SUCCESS    TESTIMONIALS

Featured Authors:  Michael Thal, iJansen Estrup, iRichard Sharp, iRoxanne Howe-Murphy, iLawrance Lux, iNancy Shattuck, iBrainard Braimah, i

  Home > Blogs Popular: Books, Stories, Articles, Poetry     

R.C. Drake

· + Follow Me
· Contact Me
· Success story
· Books
· Articles
· Poetry
· News
· Stories
· Blog
· 22 Titles
· 12 Reviews
· Share with Friends!
·
Member Since: Jun, 2010

   newsletter

Subscribe to the R.C. Drake Newsletter. Enter your name and email below and click "sign me up!"
Name:
Email:
R.C. Drake, click here to update your pages on AuthorsDen.


Books by R.C. Drake




Blogs by R.C. Drake

"Decisiveness"
2/27/2011 3:04:08 PM    [ Flag as Inappropriate ]

Decision made, was it a good one or not exactly the right one?

Decisiveness. It is a rather large word, but it is a very important word, too. If you think about it, decisions are made by you, and everyone else, every second of every day. Sometimes good decisions are made, sometimes bad decisions are made. We cannot possibly always make the right decision, we are human, thus we will make mistakes. On an average day we can only hope that at least 80% of our decisions that we make are right ones. Thus leaving only 20% on the side of misjudgement, speaking before thinking, acting before hesitating and so on, which really aren't bad odds. We as adults, are all responsible for our actions, which brings up the true reason for my title. Decisiveness. It really is a very important characteristic of us as individuals. We feel that as, "Grown ups," especially those of us who are parents, we must never veer from our decision, once made. We must always stand behind our decisions that we have made strongly and with much thought placed into them. Ahh, but let us not forget indecisiveness. If for a split second just before you made your dicision, you thought perhaps that you should have possibly given it a little more thought. Maybe you regret saying or doing that particular thing, but once done, decision made, you cannot change your mind, for that would make you indecisive and perhaps appear somewhat weak. Never, ever think that indecisiveness is weakness. They are not the same, look it up in the Wikipedia. Parents can make mistakes, we are allowed to do that, so if the decision made has proved to be somewhat wrong, you have the o.k. to change your mind. Go ahead, be a little indecisive, after all we are only human.

Thank you for your time, R.C. Drake


Post a Comment

More Blogs by R.C. Drake
• Do you set daily writing goals? - Friday, October 14, 2011
• Home of the Free and the Brave - Sunday, September 11, 2011
• Hope Everyone Has A Safe & Fun-filled Weekend - Sunday, September 04, 2011
• Happy Holidays to Everyone - Monday, July 04, 2011
• Where is that Cat Now? - Sunday, April 10, 2011
• Remember to breath! - Friday, April 01, 2011
•  "Decisiveness" - Sunday, February 27, 2011  
• Redbud Festival - Thursday, February 24, 2011
• Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone - Sunday, December 26, 2010
• Thought I'd share with you. - Saturday, December 04, 2010
• Have You Ever Wondered? - Saturday, September 04, 2010
• Been Really Busy - Thursday, August 12, 2010
• SHE IS FINALLY HERE - Saturday, July 31, 2010
• Time for a New Life - Thursday, July 22, 2010
• New "Grand" daughter on the Way - Saturday, July 10, 2010
• Knowing Who You Are - Tuesday, July 06, 2010
• INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND - Saturday, July 03, 2010
• Time Truly Does Speed Up - Monday, June 28, 2010
• Slow down and take time to smell the Roses - Friday, June 25, 2010
• "Maybe I'll Hang a Shingle" - Tuesday, June 22, 2010
• Another Day Another 50 Cents - Sunday, June 20, 2010
• "I Do My Best Work" - Thursday, June 17, 2010
• THE WARRIORS DRAGON The Gift - Wednesday, June 16, 2010
• Work in Progress - Saturday, June 12, 2010
• "The Warriors Dragon" Book 2 The sequel - Friday, June 11, 2010
• Moo Moo The Mutdog - Tuesday, June 08, 2010


In the Cleft Joy Comes in the Mourning: A Story of Hope After Tragedy by Dana Goodman

A mother shares her grief journey after the loss of her husband, son and mother-in-law to cancer. In the Cleft offers refuge to the saddest hearts and hope for those who have been..  
Featured BookAds by Silver
Gold and Platinum Members



Authors alphabetically: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Featured Authors | New to AuthorsDen? | Add AuthorsDen to your Site
Share AD with your friends | Need Help? | About us


Problem with this page?   Report it to AuthorsDen
AuthorsDen, Inc. All rights reserved.