Blogs by George Warholak
10/25/2011 4:03:46 PM
One out of every eight children under the age of 12 in the United States goes to bed hungry every night.
This is disturbing. According to electronic media and the United Nations statistics, I'd like to share the following facts:
1. Every year, 15 million children die of hunger.
2. In the Asian, African, and Latin-American countries, well over 500 million people are living in what the World Bank has called "absolute poverty."
3. For the price of one missile, a school full of hungry children could eat lunch every day for five years.
4. Throughout the 1990's, more than 100 million children died from illness and starvation. Those 100 million deaths could have been prevented for the price of 10 stealth bombs, or what the world spends on its military in two days.
5. The assets of the world's three richest men are more than the combined Gross National Product of all the least-developed countries on the planet.
Truly, this is very disturbing!
Post a Comment new!
More Blogs by George Warholak
Courageous - Tuesday, November 01, 2011
What To Avoid - Sunday, October 30, 2011
Disturbing Statistics - Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Serious Proclamation - Monday, October 24, 2011
When Tears Come - Sunday, October 23, 2011
Questions and Answers - Friday, October 21, 2011
An Ever Growing Ignorance ? - Monday, October 17, 2011
IS THAT ALL THERE IS? - Thursday, October 13, 2011
FREE PROMOTIONS - Tuesday, October 11, 2011
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY - Sunday, October 09, 2011
PULL 'EM UP - Saturday, October 08, 2011
Share and share alike - Friday, October 07, 2011
The Israel and Palestine Conflicts - Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Sweet memories - Monday, October 03, 2011
May day - May day! - Saturday, October 01, 2011
Parenting tips - Friday, September 30, 2011
Lasting Satisfaction - Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Regarding Adultery and Homosexuality - Sunday, September 18, 2011
The Attainment of Satisfaction - Friday, September 16, 2011
Faster than a speeding bullet - Sunday, August 21, 2011
Above See Level - Friday, August 19, 2011
Standard and Poor's - Monday, August 08, 2011
Winning the battle? - Friday, August 05, 2011
Money is like a hammer - Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Ears to hear? - Tuesday, August 02, 2011