Blogs by Beverly Mahone
Life Isn't a Bow, but It's Still Worth a Gift
12/2/2009 11:32:29 AM
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
14. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
15. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
16. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
17. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
18. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
19. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
20. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
21. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
22. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
23. The most important sex organ is the brain.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?".
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
33. Your children get only one childhood.
34. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
38. The best is yet to come.
39 No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
40. Sometimes you have to Yield.
41. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
More Blogs by Beverly Mahone
Sexual Intimacy and Lying - Friday, April 27, 2012
BAMedia Tip of the Day #2 - Tuesday, March 27, 2012
BAMedia Tip of the Day - Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Nike Says Just Do It and Tiger Did - Friday, December 04, 2009
Life Isn't a Bow, but It's Still Worth a Gift - Wednesday, December 02, 2009
When Black is Good - Thursday, November 26, 2009
Sarah Palin's Daughter is Pregnant? - Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Hey Lady, Why Do You Have a Mustache? - Thursday, July 17, 2008
How do you Handle the Storms of Life? - Sunday, July 06, 2008
The Supreme Court Gives Me the Right to Kill - Thursday, June 26, 2008
My Anniversary - Sunday, June 01, 2008
Top Ten Baby Boomer Graduation Songs - Thursday, May 29, 2008
Maxine is NOT a Baby Boomer I Identify With - Saturday, May 17, 2008
What if My Grandson Had Been Sean Bell? - Saturday, May 03, 2008
How Do You Spell Class? M-i-c-h-e-l-l-e O-b-a--m-a - Saturday, May 03, 2008
An Affair with a Married Man - Thursday, May 01, 2008
I Met a Nice Young Black Man Today - Wednesday, April 23, 2008
A Happy Basketball Fan! - Saturday, April 05, 2008
A Chip off the Old Block - Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Black History Month is Ridiculous - Sunday, February 17, 2008
Daytime TV's Hottest African-American Couple is Back - Wednesday, January 30, 2008
The Beauty of Aging - Thursday, January 24, 2008
What Happens The Day After The MLK Holiday? - Tuesday, January 22, 2008
What a Difference a Day Makes - Saturday, January 19, 2008
Pet Photo Contest - Thursday, January 17, 2008
Growing Older - Wednesday, January 09, 2008
The Media and Politics Make Strange Bedfellows - Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Christmas in the Emergency Room - Wednesday, December 26, 2007
My Little Girl Isn't So Little Anymore - Saturday, December 15, 2007
Obama and More Drama - Thursday, December 13, 2007
The Importance of Blogging - Thursday, December 06, 2007
A Happy Funeral - Thursday, November 29, 2007
Thanksgiving in the E.R. - Friday, November 23, 2007
Sesame Street For Adults Only? - Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I'm Baby Boomer 305.24 - Sunday, November 18, 2007
Hangin' out at the Mall with my Grandson - Saturday, November 17, 2007
Goodbye, My Dear Friend - Sunday, October 21, 2007
Can I get some "Personality" with that, Please? - Thursday, October 11, 2007
Take me out to the ball game - Saturday, October 06, 2007
A Baby Boomer's View of the Jena 6 - Wednesday, September 19, 2007
I Met "Thelma" from Good Times at my Booksigning - Monday, September 17, 2007
Why Black Women don't Exercise - Saturday, September 08, 2007
An Anorexic Baby Boomer Diva? Never! - Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Monte Carlo Night - Sunday, September 02, 2007
From the Baby Boomers to the Babies: Passing the Torch - Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Book signings are Draining but Fun! - Monday, August 20, 2007
Hot Flashes and NO Air Conditioning - Monday, August 13, 2007
Fellow Baby Boomers: What Message am I Missing? - Saturday, August 11, 2007
Too Much Cardio Can Make You FAT! - Thursday, August 09, 2007
Hot Flashes in this Heat! - Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Whatever! happened to David Hartman? - Tuesday, July 31, 2007
This baby boomer wants to know: What was life like before cell phones? - Monday, July 16, 2007
Enjoy Your Menopause! - Wednesday, July 11, 2007
I'm Still Hot Tour Part V - Sunday, July 08, 2007
I'm Still Hot Tour Part IV - Saturday, July 07, 2007
I'm Still Hot Tour Part III - Monday, July 02, 2007
I'm Still Hot Tour Part II - Saturday, June 30, 2007
I'm Still Hot" Tour Part I - Friday, June 29, 2007
I'm Packin' up my Menopause and Headin' South! - Monday, June 18, 2007
The Police" Remind me of my Dad - Wednesday, June 13, 2007
A New Pill to Delay Menopause? Whatever! - Monday, June 11, 2007
The Trip of a Lifetime! - Saturday, June 09, 2007
Working Out Doesn't Guarantee a Long Life... - Tuesday, May 29, 2007
The Baby Boomer Diva Web of SHAME - Friday, May 18, 2007
A Mother's Day Reflection from a Baby Boomer Diva - Sunday, May 13, 2007
My Computer Meltdown - Wednesday, May 09, 2007
A Baby Boomer's Thoughts about Death - Tuesday, May 08, 2007
All Blogs are Not Created Equal - Monday, May 07, 2007
Beverly and the Baby Boomer Usherettes - Sunday, May 06, 2007
What's Up with the Baby Boomer Drama? - Friday, May 04, 2007
My "dumb jock" attitude has changed - Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Where are all of the Baby Boomer Men? - Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Cruisin' with the Top Down - Saturday, April 21, 2007
Erectile Dysfunction vs. Urinary Incontinence - Friday, April 20, 2007
Thoughts on Growing Older - Thursday, April 19, 2007
The Divine Ms. Nikki G - Wednesday, April 18, 2007
The NY Times has come calling! - Saturday, April 14, 2007
Thank God Imus isn't a Baby Boomer! - Tuesday, April 10, 2007
The Baby Boomer Web of Fame - Tuesday, April 03, 2007
I'm getting sick of Oprah - Thursday, March 29, 2007
My Vagina is Personal - Monday, March 26, 2007
Baby Boomer Divas and Sugar Daddys - Friday, March 16, 2007
Duke Lost - Thursday, March 15, 2007
The Diary of a Baby Boomer Diva #3 - Wednesday, March 14, 2007
The Diary of a Baby Boomer Diva #2 - Tuesday, March 13, 2007
The Diary of a Baby Boomer Diva - Monday, March 12, 2007
My 5 new boyfriends - Saturday, March 03, 2007
Black History Month & Corporate America - Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Less than 30 hits away.... - Tuesday, February 27, 2007
What in the world is yoga? - Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Dancing with Towels on our Heads - Sunday, February 18, 2007
It's snowing! - Thursday, January 18, 2007
My fellow baby boomers, look out!!! - Wednesday, January 10, 2007
What a difference a year makes - Thursday, November 23, 2006
Where do I go from here? - Saturday, November 18, 2006
Do you remember the Mod Squad? - Monday, November 13, 2006
I was voter #1011 - Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Nicholas Sparks in Town - Saturday, November 04, 2006
My "first" fan letter - Thursday, November 02, 2006
You know you're TOO OLD to trick or treat when.... - Thursday, October 26, 2006
Who has the most Wonderful Husband in the World? - Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Where are they now??? UPDATE - Sunday, October 01, 2006
If You're Happy and you know it, clap your hands! - Thursday, September 14, 2006
Thank you for nearly 5,000 hits!!! - Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Success Begins in the Mind - Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Baby Boomer Babes of the World Unite! - Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Where are they now??? - Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Marriage: The second time around - Saturday, August 26, 2006
Boomer Humor - Tuesday, August 22, 2006
I met Nikki Giovanni! - Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Sunday is the Day!!!! - Saturday, August 12, 2006
The countdown continues for my debut on The View - Friday, August 11, 2006
My Debut on the View! - Thursday, August 10, 2006
Thanks for hurting my feelings but making me stronger. - Monday, August 07, 2006
Spiritual News You can use... - Thursday, August 03, 2006
Exercising with God - Tuesday, August 01, 2006
The Honeymoon is Over? - Monday, July 31, 2006
Grandma's Hands - Saturday, July 29, 2006
Hear what I sound like! - Friday, July 28, 2006
Girls vs. Grown Women - Thursday, July 27, 2006
Intimacy & Middle Age - Wednesday, July 26, 2006
The Honeymoon of ALL Honeymoons - Tuesday, July 25, 2006
News you can use.... - Thursday, July 13, 2006
Hot Flash Survival Kits Sell Out!!! - Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Wow Podcasting is Grrrrrrrrreat!!!! - Tuesday, July 11, 2006
WHATEVER! Podcast is up and running - Sunday, July 09, 2006
Commuter Marriage - Saturday, July 08, 2006
Thank You! - Friday, July 07, 2006
Whatever! Podcast kicks-off - Thursday, July 06, 2006
Is it gym sweat or a hot flash?! - Wednesday, July 05, 2006
MY 4th of July Party - Tuesday, July 04, 2006
IF YOU'RE A BABY BOOMER, HOLLA! - Monday, July 03, 2006